VT Inspection Experiences

Hi guys,

for those of you who have already gone through the VT experience, i am looking for comments and experiences regarding the vehicle inspection process.

How fine a tooth comb do they use when inspecting the vehicle?

Do they apply the same fair wear and tear guidelines which apply to lease car hand-backs?

Typically, what is the time scale from making that initial call to having the car taken away?

I'd be keen to hear about your experiences as i am preparing to call SUK to start the ball rolling.

I have a small  rear bumper scratch which has broken the paint and a deep scratch on one of the side windows which both need repairing prior to termination.

My car is 3 years old on a 42 month PCP. 6 months before the end of the deal and i was offered 9.2K part ex (GMFV= 9K).

I have owned 3 Octavia's in the last 6 years (all on PCP) and whilst i have always exceeded the contracted mileage i have always had equity in the car come changeover.

Different story this time due to the shocking residuals on the Mk 3 as i currently owe £1600 more than the car is worth.

Even with the £2K deposit contribution on offer on PCP at the moment i am faced with paying more to move into a lesser specced octavia so i see no option but to VT.

To me, VT is seen as a last resort, however, from reading other threads on the forum it seems i'm not the only one in this position.

I am currently looking to move to a 2 yr PCH where i can get a Superb SE L for practically the same money i am paying just now.

Anyway, keen to hear how those in similar positions got on

Google the BVRLA wear and tear guide abd download a free copy.

They are basically looking for a good clean car inside and out with all handbooks, tools and keys present.

Levels topped up,tyres in legal condition.

There can be some small chips. No dent larger than a 10p piece, no scratches longer than 5cm on paint or alloy wheels.

• Like 1

The guy who inspected mine ran a visual inspection which took about 10 minutes.  I left him to it.

He then took some photographs on a mobile phone.

It was fairly pain free (but then my car was in immaculate condition and had just been washed and waxed).

The only thing he questioned was the whereabouts of the locking wheel nut and did I have the two keys; other than that, if you've looked after your car, it's a doddle.

If they turn up and your car is plastered in mud, your experience may vary :notme:

From knocking on my door to driving the thing away was less than an hour.

Edited by SkodaVRS1963
  • Like 1

I did this with my previous car (not a Skoda). It was done by BCA who went over the car very thoroughly. Everything was noted and photos taken of all pars of the car. The only damage they found was one kerbed wheel and significant damage to the front bumper caused by a colleague one week before VT (brilliant timing). The costs for damage were just for parts etc. No charge would have been made for labour. Amazingly, I subsequently received a letter saying they would waive all charges!

As far as timings went, the inspection was done about a week after VT and the car was taken away the same day.