She arrived! But 1 thing..

She finally arrived!

16003197_10158063132645156_6939927625515

Love the colour.

One thing... I don't think the microphone is working. No one can hear me on bluetooth but I can hear them. I tested unpairing and pairing a different phone, same problem. Also tested voice control and it doesn't pick up anything. Dealer have got it booked in next week but just wondering is there is some simple setting I am missing (And the dealer missed while taking a quick look today)

Edited by shanemeh
  • Like 1

When the phone connects to Bluetooth in the car, the phone acts like it would when attached to the 'old school' blue tooth headset / Bluetooth headphones - once connected to the car's Bluetooth, adjust the volume on the phone.

She finally arrived!

16003197_10158063132645156_6939927625515

Love the colour.

One thing... I don't think the microphone is working. No one can hear me on bluetooth but I can hear them. I tested unpairing and pairing a different phone, same problem. Also tested voice control and it doesn't pick up anything. Dealer have got it booked in next week but just wondering is there is some simple setting I am missing (And the dealer missed while taking a quick look today)

Lovely car and a colour that's grown on me since seeing it in the flesh! This may be obvious, but sometimes with my iPhone the audio function (on iphone) when calling is sometimes set to phone, rather than SkodaBT. Not sure it will be this as you can hear them, but thought it may be worth a shot.

BF361D57-AB48-44D3-816E-1E4EF71E1FF7_zps

9FECC3FF-39A4-4EF1-93B5-ED722A206834_zps

No simple setting I'm afraid, sound like an issue with the microphone. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted quickly when you drop it in. Nice colour! :)

Have you tried a reset of the system as a last resort? Had to do it a couple of times for the Nav freezing (hold down standby button)..

Well I picked my brand new Octavia Scout up on Monday and have exactly the same issue. I plugged in to a disgnostic reader (courtesy of a local windscreen place as managed to crack that on day 2!) and it's showing a microphone fault code 1562 (short to earth)

Sounds like perhaps a faulty batch of handsfree mic's at the factory?

Edited by CFBScout

Thanks Black_Sheep for running a scan this evening. I've got the same fault code as above. Short to earth.

Booked into dealers on Friday so will get them to sort under warranty.

• Like 1

You might want to ask them if they properly PDI'd (pre-delivery inspection) the car before letting you drive it away.

Surely the PDI involves a scan for fault codes or at the very least plugging it in to the computer!?

I guess you have tried changing the volume on the steering wheel? When I got mine the volume was all the way down and had to be turned up when dialing a phone number from the car.

You probably have but it's worth asking. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2017 at 19:40, shanemeh said:

Thanks Black_Sheep for running a scan this evening. I've got the same fault code as above. Short to earth.

Did you get this sorted?

What was required please?

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 19:40, shanemeh said:

Matt, is super helpful and very knowledgeable 

You may wanna swing by the Meon Hut meet sometime Shane, lots of helpful and knowledgeable guys down there