What effect does blanking off the dv have?

winx

Had someone in the car over the weekend and heard the dv through my cai and said I should blank off the dv with a bung to make it chatter, what effect would this have?

When I first got the car the guys at work did it and did get chatter but took it out after a day as decided to get feedback first...

It makes the turbo stall and will probably eventually break it. You will also likely get fault codes and possibly an engine light as you will no longer be recirculating the air.

Had someone in the car over the weekend and heard the dv through my cai and said I should blank off the dv with a bung to make it chatter' date=' what effect would this have?

When I first got the car the guys at work did it and did get chatter but took it out after a day as decided to get feedback first...[/quote']

What's the benefit of having it chatter? (It was this sound that alerted me to the fact that my first one was FUBAR)

you can get a forge race DV with a mix of springs which if you set it up right will generate a bit of chatter @ low rpm when the wastegate opens (the turbo is barely spooled so little/no damage) however as the stiffer spring is activated by higher boost pressures when it "dumps" @ higher rpm you get the woosh as normal.

or change your turbo to one with an external wastegate and ecu to one which copes with an atmo dv then you can have it sounding like a wrc car and run full antilag... if you want it to sound cool

Talking of cool/stupid things,was it only my idiot friends who used to do the following(a long time ago and I am not sure how they did it)

Drive car around,turn off ignition whilst in motion,turn ignition back on to create huge bang like shotgun going off.

Something like that.Fools.