Android Head Unit

Hi folks,

I'd love to replace the factory fitted head unit in my 07 Octavia bug I know the newer FL or Mk3 models don't work and was wondering if something like this would fit straight in .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/301941455949?dest=https%3A%2F%2Fitunes.apple.com%2Fapp%2Fapple-store%2Fid282614216%3Fpt%3D9247%26mt%3D8%26ct%3Duljs

Regards

Peter

Edited by labman1001

Hi Simon,

Yes I've seen it but a lot of the stuff comes in at over £300 and there's no way I could justify spending that or even afford it ... I'd go for a single DIN unit with either DAB or Bluetooth like I had in my old car but I'd like to keep the original look of the dash.

At the moment I'm using a Bluetooth adaptor plugged into the Aux In socket in the jumbo box and it works a treat streaming music loaded onto my tablet but the internet radio reception is poor and keeps cutting out .. I've also a portable DAB Radio I'd plugged into it but it keeps losing the signal too and snaps, crackles and pops constantly...

I've a 45 minute journey in and out of work and we do a 200 odd mile journey up and down to my sons 4 or 5 times a year and I like listening to lot of music... My current unit has the built in .6 disc changer which plays MP3 files bug most of my music is saved as WMA files as the Sony head unit I bought played those either on CD or via a USB stick and it's a pain to try and convert them all back again.

Edited by labman1001

• 11 months later...

Labman, i am also looking for the same thing. An android head unit with good sound that is able to integrate with the car's parking sensors. I have an Octavia 2008 preFL model with a Stream MP3 head unit. As far as i read and spoke with sellers, all the chinese aftermarket head units don't integrate with parking sensors for the preFL model. I am stuck at this point.

• Like 1