Skoda Assistance vs RAC/AA etc

Ooopnorth

Just a quick question.  Am I right in assuming that Skoda Assistance is basically equivalent to the RAC or AA, etc. roadside/relay/homestart type package that I normally arrange and that it remains at that level of service for the whole length of the car's warranty (i.e doesn't become just roadside assistance and nowt else after the first year of the warranty has passed)?  If so, I need to cancel the roadside assistance package which usually comes with my annual car insurance thereby saving some dosh B)

• Administrators

HI,

As I understood mine, yes. Which reminds me, I need to arrange some as I'm out of it's cover... so your saving is my expense :)

Might be worth checking if the latest offer covers europe etc and if it has onward journey and all the trimmings... 

Yes it used to be run by the RAC but both VW and Skoda now use the AA, so I jumped ship and went to the Rac, as I was left stranded by the AA and never again will I use them

2 hours ago, blueR36 said:

Yes it used to be run by the RAC but both VW and Skoda now use the AA, so I jumped ship and went to the Rac, as I was left stranded by the AA and never again will I use them

I'm the opposite, I had RAC membership for about 15 years, then for maybe 10 years at a club rate, but left that club (new car different marque) and RAC would not let me renew at the "non Club" rate early as it would make it look like they were stealing that club's business??? So that left me needing to phone the RAC subscriptions desk on the day the membership expired, while driving around in France, I didn't fancy that so jumped across to AA. I think that one is as good/bad as the other.