Pricing the vRS for selling

Seems to be very hard to find a price for putting my car up for sale, most cars have are either 100,000 miles+, diesel, dsg etc.

Looking for a general consensus of what I should be asking for the car? Next car arrives in a few weeks, so I would be looking at pricing more towards selling than having it up for months in hope.

2009 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition (numbered  051) vRS (petrol)

• 2 Owner from new

• 65k miles

• MOT completed with no advisories on the 25/01/17

• FSH (main dealer) for the first 5 services, then last two have been home services. First home service had oil, all service filters inc fuel. Second had oil, all service filters and brake fluid. All home service items have full invoices included. Last service at 61703 miles on the 06/07/2017.

• All invoices/receipts from purchase to present.

• No dents or scratches all bodywork in very good condition in line with age.

• 18" LE alloys have been replaced/upgraded with Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s in Anthracite, all completed at Demon Tweeks at a cost of £650.

• New Tyres (Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance) 3k miles ago, all with 7mm left.

• Set of Audi 16" alloys for winter wheel use, these tyres have one year left at best.

• Stage 1 Bluefin removable map

• Full Leather, Cruise Control, Dual Zone Air Con, Maxidot Trip Computer, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Bolero 6-CD changer/MP3 etc.

• Detachable Witter towbar.

• UV Car Shades for rear window and boot window.

• Rubber car mats and rubber boot liner.

• Mobius Dashcam hardwired.

• Brand new intake manifold and throttle body last year.

This might backfire asking for people to guess at the value of your car. Its a very personal thing and what someone else thinks its worth may lead to offence. If its just trying to circumvent the online selling rules of requiring paid freedom membership then its really not worth it someone could post prices here that devalue your car and reduce the offers you may otherwise have got. If its a genuine guide to a selling price nothing more practical than looking at a certain "site that buys any car" because regardless of the premium for the limited number and healthy service history thats all someone is likely to pay for it. The fact that you have the history and have a few shiny bits added will just make it more attractive over a similar vehicle. I learnt this the hardway just passing on a bit of friendly advise. I know it seams a bit counter productive getting freedom membership when your selling a skoda especially if your moving to a different brand but it really will increase your chances off selling and its not expensive really.

It was a genuine question, doesn't seem to be many vRS examples to base a price on. Having modified cars of all sort in the past I'm aware that mods never really add value, just desirability to the right new owners. I find most car valuation websites to be pointless most of the time when selling private, they're fine when needing glass price etc for a part-ex, but private on a car like the vRS it seem to be pointless.

There's no circumventing going on, I'm a fully paid freedom as of this morning, it's just showing yet, and have been a freedom many times before, thanks for the feedback thought.

• Like 1

Understood, forums are still a bit hit an miss to gather insight on a cars value though. You will either get people who have the same car as yours over inflating the price to make them feel better about their own cars value or people with lesser models or don't understand the prestige of a limited edition vehicle in great condition which yours clearly is, These people will undoubtedly go low on the value. you may end up more unsure than you were when you posted. I would just have a figure in your own head of what you think its worth and be prepared to wiggle a bit on the price because everyone wants to knock a bit of money off to make themselves feel like they got a bargain. I used to sell private but i now trade mine in to avoid this pitfall i usually drive a hard bargain with the sales assistant and get more than glasses or parkers guide. Although more recently i have been told by the sales reps that for cars of a certain age they would just use we buy any car it can often be more money than glasses.

Edited by Scribbler

Are you selling this car to fund the new one? If not then you can ask what price you feel would be a good price to get it shifted. I would have thought about £6500 would be a rough guide for the age. What you have going for it is the low mileage for the age, so can probably add on a couple of hundred pounds over the market value price. 

You will get people who look at the car and haggle a few pounds off the price. But I would have a price in mind for what you want and also what you would be happy to go down to.

Edited by Ecomatt
Spelling error

8 minutes ago, Ecomatt said:

Are you selling this car to fund the new one? If not then you can ask what price you feel would be a good price to get it shifted. I would have thought about £6500 would be a rough guide for the age. What you have going for it is the low mileage for the age, so can probably add on a couple of hundred pounds over the market value price. 

You will get people who look at the car and haggle a few pounds off the price. But I would have a price in mind for what you want and also what you would be happy to go down to.

Thanks guys.

It's not funding a new car so there's no need to free funds in any hurry, but then I'm not wanting a unused car on the drive for months on end!

I'll pop it up for £6,4495 and take it from there if I get no interest.

Many thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChilledBud said:

Sounds reasonable to me, Good Luck with the sale.

Thanks everyone, I've been busy given her a wash to get some pictures up. Sadly it's -1oC with a fierce wind chill and not a spot of sunlight, but hey.

She's only going to make way for a new Nissan coming into my life. It helps that the new car is one of Nissan finest, combining speed, gadgets and rarity.

It's obviously a G̶T̶R.....well OK a Leaf.

4 hours ago, ChilledBud said:

Thanks guys.

It's not funding a new car so there's no need to free funds in any hurry, but then I'm not wanting a unused car on the drive for months on end!

Many thanks

Almost £64500 sees rather optimistic!:D