error: airbag

Keep seeing this message every startup for a few days. Anyone had this one? Common culprits on mk3 for it? I don't have vcds yet to check it out. It's 2.0 TDI DSG MY13 220k km. Thanks

Edited by aposhtol

I don't think its a common fault for the Mk3. I don't recall any threads regarding this before.

I would take it to a dealer as a warning on the Maxidot should mean that theres an error code that can be investigation.

Perhaps a connector not plugged fully or some kind of intermittant electrical connection problem.

You never know when you might need your airbags so its worth asking the dealer to look at it rather than waiting. 

You can also use any generic OBD scanner to read the fault codes yourself or at a local garage. Its not necessary to have VCDS.