Limited Styling accessories for Octavia 5E?

Mikehaseler

Hi Guys,

I don't know if its just me, but there seems to be very limited styling accessories for the non vRS version of the new Octavia? I swapped my old facelift 1Z vRS for a newer 5E elegance, and obviously because of much subtler styling, i'm trying to bring it to life a little.

I know for a 'car modifier' the standard Octavia probably isn't that popular hence the lack of bits, but having made the swap recently, and still being sub 30's i just want to try and lighten up the looks a little.

I work with in the car aftermarket accessories industry so quite lucky in the fact that companies trade goods to help each other out, for their own vehicles, so I've manage to bag my self some alloys, some coilovers (not on yet), stylish twin exit Milltek exhaust system (similar to the vRS one, also waiting to go on), but styling wise, there seems to be limited parts available, unless any of you can advise otherwise?

I've added a Maxton design Front bumper splitter, although I'm not a massive fan and contemplating removing it and a rear Spoiler from Superskoda, which i think makes a huge difference in appearance. 

I had the window tinted, not particularly for the styling, although i think it does steer away from the bland look, but mainly because the other half's SMAX comes standard with tints, and it makes a huge difference with the children. I hate Chrome too, to i had a new OE grille surround re sprayed as well.

Has any one done any bits to their standard 5E? be good to see what works and what doesn't, and whether or not there's anything out there that i have come across.

Thanks

Octavia 2.png

Octavia 1.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've looked at the front splitter option from superskoda. But I don't think I'll do that. I'll have to look for the exhaust you mention as this is something I feel is lacking on my new SE Sport model I picked up a week ago. I'll live with it for a while I suspect.

I have changed the grille surround to the vRS black magic one. Looks a lot better on a Corrida Red car IMO.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2017 at 20:11, WWorx said:

I've looked at the front splitter option from superskoda. But I don't think I'll do that. I'll have to look for the exhaust you mention as this is something I feel is lacking on my new SE Sport model I picked up a week ago. I'll live with it for a while I suspect.

I have changed the grille surround to the vRS black magic one. Looks a lot better on a Corrida Red car IMO.

I came to fit the exhaust a couple of weeks ago, and turns out the underside of the non vRS is quite different to the standard Model. The axel set up on the rear of the vehicle is alot different too, which causes problems.... Im booked in with Milltek development dept to have a look getting one custom made for the car, so hopefully in due course they may introduce a system for the non vRS.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mikehaseler said:

I came to fit the exhaust a couple of weeks ago, and turns out the underside of the non vRS is quite different to the standard Model. The axel set up on the rear of the vehicle is alot different too, which causes problems.... Im booked in with Milltek development dept to have a look getting one custom made for the car, so hopefully in due course they may introduce a system for the non vRS.

Thanks. I crawled around under my non-VRS last weekend and saw that there are a lot of plastic tubes and things running around the currently unused side; right where the 2nd muffler and exhaust pipes would need to be. It is also missing all the heat shield on that side. It doesn't look possible to me; at least not without re-routing all those pipes. I am not going to do that!

This is my very unsexy stock 1.4TSI exhaust on my SE Sport model. The doesn't look easy to mod it (without cutting and welding) to turn this in to something 'nice'. Thoughts?

20170320_204351.jpg

Edited by WWorx

13 hours ago, WWorx said:

This is my very unsexy stock 1.4TSI exhaust on my SE Sport model. The doesn't look easy to mod it (without cutting and welding) to turn this in to something 'nice'. Thoughts?

When i removed my old exhaust to try and fit the new one, i had to cut it out, because it wouldn't bend or maneuver freely, frustrating, because after the new exhaust didn't fit, i had to weld it back in place.
I dont think currently that any manufacturers makes an aftermarket option for the non vRS model, probably due to the lack of demand, Apart from getting out the angle grinder and the welder, and a pipe bender or going directly to a manufacturer for a custom, one off system (like i am) there doesnt look like there much option for us non vRS boys :(

• Like 1

You probably cant get a VRS exhaust to fit as the VRS has independent rear suspension where as the 1.4 TSi has the torsion beam (torture beam...lol) setup.

Probably Superskoda, Milotek, Skodadop would be your best bet or a custom build £££

Your lucky to have a rear silencer, I've just got a pipe sticking out of a sea of black plastic panels on the 1.2 TSi.

Edited by glosrich

3 hours ago, glosrich said:

Your lucky to have a rear silencer, I've just got a pipe sticking out of a sea of black plastic panels on the 1.2 TSi.

Really??:blink::o

7 hours ago, Mikehaseler said:

When i removed my old exhaust to try and fit the new one, i had to cut it out, because it wouldn't bend or maneuver freely, frustrating, because after the new exhaust didn't fit, i had to weld it back in place.
I dont think currently that any manufacturers makes an aftermarket option for the non vRS model, probably due to the lack of demand, Apart from getting out the angle grinder and the welder, and a pipe bender or going directly to a manufacturer for a custom, one off system (like i am) there doesnt look like there much option for us non vRS boys :(

Even though I have no intention of going for a custom exhaust, it would be nice to see some pictures of your once you've had it done.

This reminds me of a local exhaust place where I grew up in the States called "Glenn's Muffler Shop" that custom bent and fitted whole exhaust systems nearly 'while you wait' AND they were much much cheaper than going to 'big chain' places that wouldn't bend anything. Glenn's had a smallish selection of performance silencers but they were happy to fit what you brought to them as well. There must be similar places 'round here somewhere.:)