MK3 PETROL VRS WHITE SMOKE

Exactly the same on my 2016 vRS petrol estate. 3000+rpm and a bit of welly and visibility at the rear disappears due to plumes of white exhaust and steamed rear window. Was concerned that the turbo was up the creek, however reassured that this seems to be the norm!

I had some fun and games with this turbo replaced as they though coolant was leaking in the turbo and coming out with the exhaust but in the end Skoda did a number of tests with my old turbo and testing a vRS and it is now a characteristic of the car but here is a link to coolant loss issue I was having

I posted on this subject previously as ( SILVER ONE)I have now changed my forum name. It is a very annoying and slightly embarrassing problem as any vehicle that you are overtaking dissapears in your white cloud. Do any of the VW, Audi or Seat equivalent cars suffer from this issue or is this maybe due to the specific design of our exhaust system which must be running cool or cold. Either way I have not witnessed any other cars on the road doing this !!

Just to add, I kinda turned this into a "feature".

When some BMW driver comes to sit 2cm from my rear bumper, I will shift one down, boot it and give him a shower of whatever that is :)

...They seem to keep the distance after.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, had my petrol vRS 230 estate since July last year.  Now got just over 4,000 on the clock and I have to admit I don't recognise this problem at all.  Sure there's a bit of steam/smoke out the back of the exhausts when the car is first started and is warming up, but I don't get anything like a cloud of smoke behind me when I boot it to overtake something.  One difference may be that mine's a DSG, but since the revs still go pretty close to the red line in sport mode, I don't think that's likely to have anything to do with it.  Car does a whole variety of trips from short 1-2 mile hops to the local shops, and long hauls 200+ down to Devon.

Saw a big whoosh of white smoke/steam this am, probably first time I have ever noticed it, then again I was really shifting in 3rd gear and cold damp air. Nowt to worry about I'd say. I would be more worried if it spat out black smoke on acceleration or on the overrun or normal tickover. 

My 2 month old car does it too.  Not every time though.  I've only noticed it when it's given a good boot down a sliproad or into a national speed limit section and then it won't do it again for the rest of the journey.