Door Trim

Hi

Is anyone having problems with the door trims, I have noticed over the past couple of weeks the drivers door sticking slightly on opening and making a noise when it opens etc.  Looking at it closely tonight I notice that the door trim at the top corner is catching touching when close the door trim of the rear door.  The passenger side has a nice gap.

I have tried to see if the trim has just moved but it does not seem to move so am guessing not etc.

Paul

Hi.

Actually yes. I noticed that today. In fact the doors are so close to the passenger ones that when I open driver doors they pull over this silver window trim from rear  :-(

I booked already visit in my local Skoda garage.

Hi Arex, think I will be doing the same then.  Will no doubt get the "leave it with us to look at" statement.

It has only happened over the past couple of weeks since the weather has got cold.

1 minute ago, FelisBengalensis said:

Well known issue and there is a service bulletin covering this.  Depending upon the damage to the chrome it will either be replaced or glued back in.  Pretty poor design error in my opinion.

Is there any place I can find this service bulletin on the web? Want to be prepared to meet with garage guys :-)

9 minutes ago, Sagalout said:

Try recall campaign 64E3. That was noted on mine last visit as having beem completed and I was told that was the problem with the door trims.

hth

Thanks a lot. I'll use it if I have to. Hopefully not.

Mine currently has waterproof tape holding the drivers door and passenger trim on as they catch really badly. Just lining up a visit to sort it with the dealer. Hopefully it's a well known issue and they won't just try and fob me off. 

36 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Hi Pentaxian, I believe @BillyJim had this issue also, and Skoda fixed it under warranty. Our car also suffers from it so I'll be asking for it fixed at the first service.

Thanks, I spoke with the dealer today and it looks like it will be April before I can get it fixed without taking time off from work and with no holiday allowance left until April that is not happening.

The dealer nearest to me does not have courtesy cars that I can fit in, I tried in December when I was in with the Fabia and Yeti and my knees and the steering wheel fight for the same space so rendering the car un-driveable.  

We went through other options:

• Arrive at about 4:15pm/4:30pm on a Friday as I can get from work to them for that time on a Friday but that is not permitted as they need at least an hour to diagnose and the technicians stop at 5pm.
  • Saturday was a no as they have no-one available for diagnostics as the diagnostics require special training to use the machines.  Hmm not sure what machine is needed to look at a car door!
  • Delivery and Collection was not an option given I work in a school and they wanted access at time students are arriving or leaving the site and refused to have a restriction on timings.
  • Demonstration car was a no as that is needed for the sales team to use.

I've been in my local Skoda garage with this door issue today.

They confirmed that this is know issue. Fix took about 30min. All under warranty.

Looks much better after.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arex said:

I've been in my local Skoda garage with this door issue today.

They confirmed that this is know issue. Fix took about 30min. All under warranty.

Looks much better after.

That's great to hear.  My dealer claims they have never heard of anything like this before so need to spend time investigating it.

12 minutes ago, pentaxian said:

That's great to hear.  My dealer claims they have never heard of anything like this before so need to spend time investigating it.

Weird. I even didn't finished my explanation what's happen with the doors and technician already knew what's the problem is.

Looks like they really know what's going on. At least at this place I'm servicing my car (btw. it's not the dealer I bought my car from).

26 minutes ago, pentaxian said:

Time to find another dealer IMO

As previously been said its well know and will be done when the car goes in for service or warranty work anyway.

Word of caution IF the rear trim is hanging off and bent slightly then take lots of photos and remove the trim completely so that it does not come off whilst driving, potentially damaging the car or other cars.

11 minutes ago, Arex said:

Weird. I even didn't finished my explanation what's happen with the doors and technician already knew what's the problem is.

Looks like they really know what's going on. At least at this place I'm servicing my car (btw. it's not the dealer I bought my car from).

Yes sounds like it, the service department at my dealership is a total failure and are honestly enough to put you off buying Skoda again in the future.