Octavia mk III VRS supernova alloys?

Chatstar123

I've just bought a 2013 Octy vrs estate and was wondering has anyone fitted 19" supernova alloys to one. I like the look but with the different offset it would close the gap towards the outer arch by approximately 13.5 mm. I've read about people using spacers of around the same thickness ( 12-15mm) for 19" alloys but not sure if it might cause fouling of the front arches. Rears should be OK. The offset of the supernova is 44 on an 8J wheel. 

Any pictures or info would be much appreciated. 

I haven't myself, but I have seen 8" wide rims fitted without any issues. Et 44 should be bolt on. I think Supernova will look good on an Octy3 Vrs, just make sure you fit tyres that suits Octavia.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I'll was looking at 235/35 19 tyres. I've been thinking of lowering on Eibachs as well so wanted to be sure first before I commit to buying the wheels. I think I'll lower first then get my tape measure out to see how close it'll be. Hopefully will look good when all done.

I'd probably stick to the standard 225/35 tyres that are on the Octy 19" the step from 7.5j to 8.0j won't make a difference to the fit. Manufacturers seem to fit tyres below the accepted rim width these days anyway.

You would have the standard Octy tyre with no speedo or other issues and it would give you a few extra mm clearance where it matters.

• Like 1

Not that I know of, although I haven't really needed it as I've never strayed from Skoda standard fit sizes. The 225s sit quite well on 8" rims.

Standard speedo calibration should cope with standard sizes. The slight difference is not as much as the difference between a new and fully worn tyre anyway.

• 3 years later...
On 06/02/2017 at 09:17, Chatstar123 said:

Thanks for the info. I'll was looking at 235/35 19 tyres. I've been thinking of lowering on Eibachs as well so wanted to be sure first before I commit to buying the wheels. I think I'll lower first then get my tape measure out to see how close it'll be. Hopefully will look good when all done.

Did you ever mount these Supernova rims to your car?

I was thinking of doing the same. Supernova Black gloss rims with 235/35 19 Tyres + lowering with Eibachs. Would look nice on Blue octavia vrs.

You have any pictures or do you have any rubbing if you installed them?

I prefer the 235/35 tyres because the car would look wider more sporty at the rear 🙂

I went with the gun metal grey supernova's and lowered 20mm and 225/35 tyres. Look smart on the car and I've only recently started seeing these wheels on supurbs but not Octavias. Not the best picture but you get the idea. People always comment that they like the wheels. Im pretty sure you could lower 40mm with no issues but I don't know for definite. 

IMG_20200306_083233.jpg

• Like 1

On 06/03/2020 at 16:14, Chatstar123 said:

I went with the gun metal grey supernova's and lowered 20mm and 225/35 tyres. Look smart on the car and I've only recently started seeing these wheels on supurbs but not Octavias. Not the best picture but you get the idea. People always comment that they like the wheels. Im pretty sure you could lower 40mm with no issues but I don't know for definite. 

IMG_20200306_083233.jpg

This looks very nice. My octy is same color and as dirty as yours 😄 You have eibach pro kit springs? Any rubbing? you think there is still some room under wheel arches for 235 tyres? :)

Plenty of room still for wider tyres. The arches are nowhere near rubbing. I was refurbing my house the last couple of years so had loads of weight in the back getting materials and taking stuff to the tip and no issues even when fully loaded. It was the Eibach springs that drop 20 at the front and 10 at the back i believe. They're a good compromise between looks and functionality.