SD Card Issues

Hi - I posted last year about having problems getting my Ipod to be recognised through the usb port (still haven't sorted that)

but anyway I bought a 64GB SD card and copied all my songs over from iTunes and fitted it

Although the card has all my songs on it (5000+) they don't all appear to be being recognised by the system

Is there a limit to what the system can handle and do I need to split up the songs into smaller folders ?

Thanks

I seem to remember a discussion about audio formats and the Amundsen+ not recognising all audio types.

Link to the manual:

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/mini-apps/owners-manuals/pages/rapid.aspx?requestOwnersManualOnlineVersion=en/Rapid_NH/11-2013/Navigation/Amundsen/online&requestOwnersManualLanguage=en&requestOwnersManualEditionDate=11-2013#!pageId=00030

I also now see there is a limit number of folders.

If this pre 2015 Amundsen+ isnt what you have, go to the top Rapid post (Rapid documentation) and you'll get linked to a skoda page with manuals for all production dates.

Edited by camelspyyder

I don't think you can directly take music from iTunes and expect it to play. Apple is very restrictive and you will need to connect a apple device to play them through. 

I have a 64gb filled with MP3 files that plays fine. 

Cheers 

On 1/31/2017 at 13:04, redvark said:

Hi - I posted last year about having problems getting my Ipod to be recognised through the usb port (still haven't sorted that)

but anyway I bought a 64GB SD card and copied all my songs over from iTunes and fitted it

Although the card has all my songs on it (5000+) they don't all appear to be being recognised by the system

Is there a limit to what the system can handle and do I need to split up the songs into smaller folders ?

Thanks

Hi Redvark

I'm running both a 64 Gb USB stick (plugged into the MDI port) and a 64Gb SD card in my 2014 SE Tech. The Amundsen+ reads all the files on both devices and I'd effectively copied and pasted them from my iTunes repository. Assuming you've ripped them (in iTunes) as MP3 they should play.

All of the MP3's on my USB stick and SD card are stored in album folders, resident in the root of the SD card. Could it be you've copied the iTunes folder in it's entirety and your car can't see past the iTunes directory?