Not impressed with Skoda Gloucester

Mrr4nd411

Literally just dropped my rapid off so they could fix a noise from the front suspension,

i asked if it would be covered by the manufactures warranty and the reply I got was 'dunno'... helpful,

Then I was refused a courtesy car by the insurance company, he asked if I had points on my license, which I do not, but he didn't even attempt to try anything to help me.

so by the end of our little chat I'm left stood in the pouring rain, with no car and an unknown bill,

this doesn't seem fair and since my service is due in the next couple of weeks I think I might end up going elsewhere.

Not fair, not nice and not good customer services. No 'Simply Clever' just some muppet in the dealership.

?

Was this a service desk person that dealt with you this way?

It is going to be up to you to bring it up with someone senior in the dealership and find out the real story.

If it is a Warranty Repair then Skoda UK will be paying and you are entitled to a courtesy car if yours is faulty.

You could call Skoda UK Customer services tomorrow if there are problems with your car and no courtesy car available.

Skoda UK can provide one or make sure your unhelpful dealership does.

all the best.

george

41 minutes ago, Offski said:

Not fair, not nice and not good customer services. No 'Simply Clever' just some muppet in the dealership.

?

Was this a service desk person that dealt with you this way?

It is going to be up to you to bring it up with someone senior in the dealership and find out the real story.

If it is a Warranty Repair then Skoda UK will be paying and you are entitled to a courtesy car if yours is faulty.

You could call Skoda UK Customer services tomorrow if there are problems with your car and no courtesy car available.

Skoda UK can provide one or make sure your unhelpful dealership does.

all the best.

george

Sorry to contradict you but... Its a popular misconception that you are entitled to a replacement car whilst yours is off the road for warranty repairs!

To Quote the UK Motor Industry Code of Practice, section 2 car manufacturer's warranties, 2.9 vehicle off road for warranty repair.

"There is NO automatic right to a loan (courtesy) car or contribution towards hiring (a replacement car) charges in circumstances where a customer's own car is off the road for warranty repair. Whether there is any such right will depend on the normal legal rules relating to damages."

However, I agree with you that the service, if you can call it that, from the dealer in question was & is pretty dammed ABYSMAL!

OP, find out who the dealer principle is & make a formal complaint! you should have at least been given an estimation of the cost of repairs, & if you booked the appointment in advance, been given the option of a courtesy car (presuming there were courtesy cars available on that date), along with any relevant eligibility requirements (age, points etc). & if no joy from them, Complain to Skoda UK customer services.

Georgeb

GeorgeB, you are totally right, no automatic right to a replacement car etc etc

But seeing as Skoda Main dealer employees are using Demonstrators that are getting tax breaks to be available to potential customers as though they are a perk which they are, then a Franchised Main Dealer that gets that position by having Courtesy cars available and ones that can be insured for drivers old enough etc etc 

there are too many taking the pith, as Skoda UK the importer well knows.

It may not be a Warranty Issue and then any repairs will or may be down to the owner, but if there is a fault then being left transportless while some 

junior employee has home a Skoda UK owned vehicle then that is a **** take. 

Or while cars sit in the pound waiting for 3 months to pass because they are pre sold 'Demonstrators'.

Consumer writes and good Customer Service & after sales service are not the same thing.

Plenty around have worked in Car Dealerships and beside Service Desk and showroom employees like the one that caused this post.

george

Edited by Offski

Offski,

44 minutes ago, Offski said:

But seeing as Skoda Main dealer employees are using Demonstrators that are getting tax breaks to be available to potential customers as though they are a perk which they are, then a Franchised Main Dealer that gets that position by having Courtesy cars available and ones that can be insured for drivers old enough etc etc 

That may have been the case a good few years ago, but now its not. VAG demonstrator cars have to be registered with VAG as such & MUST be available to demonstrate to potential customers. Also VAG supplies cars to be registered by the dealer as "courtesy cars" the dealer pays for these. If you have a company car allocated to you (as an employee) you HAVE to pay tax on that car, its called benefit in kind. & the dealer MUST submit a P11d to HMRC for ALL employees who have a company car. Just try to "hoodwink" HMRC & see how far you get!

Or while cars sit in the pound waiting for 3 months to pass because they are pre sold 'Demonstrators'.

No demonstrator can be "Pre Sold" (they can be "reserved" for when they are available for sale). Demonstrators are purchased by the dealership & registered with VAG as demonstrators, BUT as part of the dealer agreement they CANNOT be sold for 3 months, Any VAG dealer taking one of these cars "off the road" is breaking their dealer agreement!

Plenty around have worked in Car Dealerships and beside Service Desk and showroom employees like the one that caused this post.

Yep! I've recently retired after nearly 50 years in the motor trade, a good portion of that with Volkswagen Group Vehicles (VW & Audi), mostly in Aftersales (Service & Parts) & as with all service industries, there's brilliant, good, bad & monumentally awful! & the dealer in question would appear to be in the final category!

Georgeb

Edited by GeorgeB
info left off

Are you for real?  You almost sound like Alasdair Stewart.

'A few years ago'  Today, Yesterday and any day. Reserved with a deposit paid.

I hope you have been reading this forum for a while, and keep on reading, obviously as Skoda, VW, SEAT & Audi HQ will say, 

do not listen to forums. 

Have you read the 'Dealers Reviews' in this forum, some recent ones maybe since the stuff that 'Used to happen years ago' 

is not relevant.

http://briskoda.net/forums/forum/289-skoda-dealer-reviews

Edited by Offski

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 18:01, Mrr4nd411 said:

Literally just dropped my rapid off so they could fix a noise from the front suspension,

i asked if it would be covered by the manufactures warranty and the reply I got was 'dunno'... helpful,

Then I was refused a courtesy car by the insurance company, he asked if I had points on my license, which I do not, but he didn't even attempt to try anything to help me.

so by the end of our little chat I'm left stood in the pouring rain, with no car and an unknown bill,

this doesn't seem fair and since my service is due in the next couple of weeks I think I might end up going elsewhere.

It seems but I do not assume that you pre booked the car in. If so did these questions regarding the use of a car not come up then ( I am not trying to excuse the reception you got when you dropped your car off) or was it an emergency, as they do only have a limited number of cars to loan out.