Headlight condensation causes?

JWvrs25

I have recently fitted xenon projectors into my fabia headlight and they work brilliantly, however since doing the conversion I keep getting condensation in the headlights along the bottom and mainly towards the inside edge of the headlights. (will try upload a photo later)

I removed as much of the original butyl sealant as i could and replaced it with some new stuff, so i'm wondering if its maybe not sealed correctly somewhere around the headlight.

Would it be worth removing the rear covers for a bit to see if the extra ventilation helps or is it a headlight out and reseal job?

It only seems to occur when its cold and has been driven - the xenons don't get hot enough to burn it off so it stays for a day or so.

Any help would be appreciated

Just a note, OEM Hella headlights are not fully sealed from factory. Each headlight for the Fabia has two small vents on either side on the rear of the headlight, either side of the backplate, so despite your efforts you may not prevent them fogging up at all.

It it makes you feel any better, my old Fabia OEM Xenons misted up, my current A3 (factory fit Xenons also) fog up, my dad's XC60 headlights fog up, my neighbours Mercs headlights fog; and working at JLR, I see a lot of misty headlights on those as well at this time of year. Just a trait of Xenons it seems

10 hours ago, Ryanfsr said:

Just a note, OEM Hella headlights are not fully sealed from factory. Each headlight for the Fabia has two small vents on either side on the rear of the headlight, either side of the backplate, so despite your efforts you may not prevent them fogging up at all.

It it makes you feel any better, my old Fabia OEM Xenons misted up, my current A3 (factory fit Xenons also) fog up, my dad's XC60 headlights fog up, my neighbours Mercs headlights fog; and working at JLR, I see a lot of misty headlights on those as well at this time of year. Just a trait of Xenons it seems

thats reassuring to know - i wasnt concerned initially as it was only a bit of misting - but it kept coming back which annoyed me.

Strange thing was that before i did the conversion, i had no back cover on one of the headlights at all as it was missing, so the back of the light was completely exposed. It never fogged up so maybe the answer is more ventilation needed :)