Angelwax Product Reviews. Starting with Enigma.

Hunty278

Hey guys, so hear are my thoughts on some of the Angelwax Products I have used over the past couple of years!

Their customer service is second to none, and there products are pretty decent too. So Lets kick this off.

Afternoon all.
I got my delivery of a few Angelwax goodies last week and have been itching to try them out! So with a nice relaxing weekend planned for the kids I had other ideas! So the car was cleaned, decon'd and polished with Menz PPU via rotary. It was then sealed with Angelwax Ti-22 ready for the wax.
So here is what Angelwax have to say about it:
"Angelwax ENIGMA is the ultimate hand applied detailing wax. Created in our laboratory using only the finest natural raw materials and the most technologically advanced ceramic components, this wax can only be described as our most advanced to date.
A standard detailing wax will sit on your vehicle’s surface after application and will be micro porous in nature.
The complex ceramic molecules used in ENIGMA manipulate the micro pores found in this type of detailing wax, thus making the surface completely smooth and less likely to be compromised by the many substances in our environment.
The result of this innovative formulation is a wax that has significant self-cleaning properties, combined with outstanding gloss, spectacular durability and ease of use."
The description is promising, so on to application:
"Before applying Angelwax ENIGMA, thoroughly prepare the vehicle to be treated ensuring that the surfaces are cool to the touch and have been suitably cleansed.
Apply Angelwax ENIGMA with a clean, dry wax applicator pad to one panel at a time and leave for a couple of minutes before removing with a clean, dry microfibre cloth.
Never apply wax to hot surfaces or in direct sunlight!"
So, lets cover the price. At £45 for a 30ml sample it isn't cheap. And £180 for 250ml seems a lot, but I guess per ml it isn't horrendous. Itis way out of my price range, but I got a bit of cash for my birthday and thought, what the hell, I'll grab a sample pot!
After unscrewing the lid, I was met by a pleasant scent, Marshmallow I believe! Quite oily in nature, but not soft by any stretch of the imagination. So I grabbed by AutoPerfection Wax Applicator and loaded the pad. It loaded on to the pad really easily. 3 swipes on the edges were enough to load and on it went.
IMG_20170204_114224_zpsg5rpyqvc.jpg
It spreads really well, very far indeed. A few swipes like that was enough to do a third of a bonnet. It goes on really uniformally, so there are no real high spots.
Here you can see it on the rear quarter panel.
IMG_20170204_114458_zpsfndwbxph.jpg
After a couple of minutes it was ready to come off. Now, black cars are really unforgiving when it comes to wax removal. It shows up any streaks that remain, and this happens a lot!! But I am over the moon to say that Enigma came off so, so easily and left a flawless finish!!
IMG_20170204_114713_zpsn389p1xf.jpg
Here it is on the boot.
IMG_20170204_115244_zpssnvrewuy.jpg
And removed.
IMG_20170204_115400_zpss3hpdij4.jpg
And the bonnet.
IMG_20170204_121818_zpso0tre1a6.jpg
And removed.
IMG_20170204_121936_zps6u99yb1g.jpg
So after the whole car was done, I gave it a quick squirt with some water!
IMG_20170204_123911_zpstxvdwrua.jpg
IMG_20170204_123900_zpslvdrcdwh.jpg
IMG_20170204_123910_zpst1hczx1b.jpg
The water behaviour was crazy, I can't believe how much fell off the panel. Big tick in the box for me! I love beading.
As you can see from the next two photo's, a little goes a very long way. This is the pot after one layer on the focus.
IMG_20170204_123402_zpsuf2mvnlx.jpg
IMG_20170204_123405_zpsblhfhboc.jpg
And the car isn't in too bad nick for a nearly 10 year old car.
IMG_20170204_122657_zpslmurq90h.jpg
So, lets have a look at the whole car.
IMG_20170204_125605_zpsqc2s7ih6.jpg
IMG_20170204_125612_zps9nodpqxn.jpg
IMG_20170204_125618_zpsnriohaub.jpg
IMG_20170204_125628_zpsgpjgpvce.jpg
IMG_20170204_125640_zpsi9jmmwko.jpg
And out in the sun!!
IMG_20170204_125907_zpskehfypmi.jpg
IMG_20170204_125915_zpsboivu6sy.jpg
IMG_20170204_125922_zps4qtjtltb.jpg
IMG_20170204_125929_zpsh2qiu842.jpg
IMG_20170204_125937_zpssfytw93j.jpg
I'll keep you guys updated on durability. I'm sure we aren't over the worst of the weather, so it should be a good test for it!!
So what's my conclusion. Well, the look it gives is very reflective. There is almost a shimmer to the paint. I know from watching Forensic Detailing's YouTube video that the ingredients are expensive, but you can tell this when using the wax. it really is as top end a wax that I have used. Easily as good as their wax "The Fifth Element" that I have a full sized pot of. Will I buy a full sized pot of this, well there is no need to at the moment, the sample pot will do a good 6 layers at least I'm guessing. It is so easy to apply and remove, it is a real winner for me and a top class concoction. take a bow Angelwax, you've justified the price tag, and I wasn't expecting that!!
Hope you find this useful!!
Neil
  • Like 2

I bought this for my Dad a while ago and while I was there over Christmas I decided to have a little play. Now it was just a wash and wax so no real prep involved. 

So what does Angelwax say about their entry level offering:

"Angelwax BODY WAX has been a phenomenal success since its release in 2009 and has become a favourite amongst both the professional and amateur detailer, offering a very high quality wax without the price tag associated with many hard detailing waxes.
We use only the highest grade naturally occurring waxes and oils the planet has to offer to give our customers an excellent product that gives your paintwork an amazing wet look, high gloss finish with outstanding durability lasting up to and beyond 6 months.
Angelwax BODY WAX  is a wax that is hard in nature and requires only a thin coating which will offer protection for up to 6 months. For best results, the application of a second coat will provide the ultimate protection."

So application instructions state to apply with a microfibre pad as thinly as possible and leave for 10 mins to cure. Now, I've never applied a wax with a MF pad! I'm completely open to new things so I grabbed my Dad's MF pad and off I went!!

This wax is a really pleasant smelling wax, banana I believe, and although hard, its has an oily texture. It loaded on to the MF pad with ease, and I must admit, this application method is a revelation! I'd say I used a little bit more wax, but the pad never became sticky like it does with a foam pad. This will be my application method from now on!

A little goes a long way and a couple of twists in the pot did the Golfs bonnet!

IMG_20161231_122053_zpsshngysb4.jpg

IMG_20161231_122102_zpscz54y9sk.jpg

IMG_20161231_122058_zpswzngb7d8.jpg

After 10 minutes I went about removal. And it was a breeze. The MF pad allowed me to get a really thin layer.

IMG_20161231_123106_zpsybivvda8.jpg

So what was the finish like? Well, it left the surface uber slick and added gloss. 

Before.

IMG_20161231_121802_zpsqcrfywal.jpg

After.

IMG_20161231_123600_zpsfhkkbfkv.jpg

IMG_20161231_130136_zpsoov6ce7r.jpg

When you consider you get 250ml for £30, it's a great value wax! Afterwards, I though as I had just cleaned and applied Sonax BSD to the Superb, I'd pop a layer on that too!

Not too shabby really!!

IMG_20161231_123647_zpscwnortuo.jpg

Again, a nice thin layer applied.

IMG_20161231_124033_zpscrmdhc8k.jpg

And on to removal!

IMG_20161231_124715_zpszlemivib.jpg

Now, I did leave it for 15 minutes due to a coffee break. And did it affect removal?? Well, a little bit, yes. It was slightly more stubborn to remove so best to keep an eye on the clock. But it came off without too much fuss!

Again, nice and glossy on the black paint.

IMG_20161231_125949_zpsjmq0koec.jpg

IMG_20161231_125954_zpsvjll4vkt.jpg

IMG_20161231_130306_zpslc28w4nr.jpg

And after a bit of rain over night, I got to take a pic of the beading!

IMG_20170101_100933_zpsor98jkw6.jpg

IMG_20170101_100937_zpsny4jkgpt.jpg

So, what are my conclusions? Well, if you want a pot of British made wax that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, that will last you years, it is definitely worth a look! The beads were rolling up the bonnet on the drive home from Manchester today! Very impressive, but very distracting!! 

Hope you find this useful!

Neil

• Like 2

Afternoon all,

It had been a while since the wifes Focus CC had a bit of attention so I thought I should give it a bit of a treat. 

So it was washed, clayed with AW Glide Clay Block (great product BTW) and a cleanse with Britemax Black Max. It's the first time I have used Black Max. I loved it, it disappeared into the paint to leave a great finish.

Once the car was done, I gave it a coat of DJ SNH for some lasting protection as this is it's winter prep. I think my SNH has 'Gone Off'. It is 4 years old now and it didn't want to spread that well on the paint which made applying it a bit of a chore, but I got it done and then got The Fifth Element out.

So, bearswaxfactory say 

"Angelwax Fifth Element 30ml is a high end detailing wax which gives an extreme gloss show quality finish and great durabilty.

Blended from a complex recipe of four top end waxes plus a secret fifth element which Angelwax are keeping a secret this is a seriously high quality product and perfect for detailers of all skill levels.

Easy to apply

Goes a long long way

Extreme gloss and depth of colour

High durabilty 3-4 months"

Now, it didn't have any instructions on the pot, but having used a few Angelwax waxes in the past, I applied to two panels at a time and then buffed off.

It loaded on the pad really easily and it spreads a long way! I cannot believe how little I used on the whole car, I've bearly made a dent in the 30ml pot. It smells great, kind of like Amoxicilin (the childrens yellow antibiotic medicine) and I could compare it to spreading like CG 50/50.

Now, having used Angelwax waxes a few times, they can be a little tricky to remove if you leave it too long. This is a massive step in the right direction from AW. The Fifth Element is much easier to use than the likes of Desireable. I left some parts a little longer to see if was more difficult to remove and it was a breeze! Here it is curing on the wing.

20150920_123115_zpslfsjivdl.jpg

And removed after a few minutes.

20150920_123249_zps87ks2pzb.jpg

20150920_123246_zps6ya5lfqm.jpg

It really added to the gloss levels, as ypou would expect a show wax to. So I made my way around the car.

20150920_124437_zps5unrqf35.jpg

20150920_124445_zpsqcu0chj7.jpg

20150920_124453_zpscgtnbjzv.jpg

20150920_124509_zpsrnn0hj7y.jpg

I'm really impressed and if the durability is as stated, it should be a belter. The only sticking point is the initial outlay; £20 for a sample is expensive. Having said that, 30ml will get you at least 5 layers on a car of a focus size. I will keep this thread updated with durability and water behaviour. 

Thanks for reading everyone!

• Like 2

product BTW) and a cleanse with Britemax Black Max. It's the first time I have used Black Max. I loved it, it disappeared into the paint to leave a great finish.

Once the car was done, I gave it a coat of DJ SNH for some lasting protection as this is it's winter prep. I think my SNH has 'Gone Off'. It is 4 years old now and it didn't want to spread that well on the paint which made applying it a bit of a chore, but I got it done and then got The Fifth Element out.

So, bearswaxfactory say 

"Angelwax Fifth Element 30ml is a high end detailing wax which gives an extreme gloss show quality finish and great durabilty.

Blended from a complex recipe of four top end waxes plus a secret fifth element which Angelwax are keeping a secret this is a seriously high quality product and perfect for detailers of all skill levels.

Easy to apply

Goes a long long way

Extreme gloss and depth of colour

High durabilty 3-4 months"

Now, it didn't have any instructions on the pot, but having used a few Angelwax waxes in the past, I applied to two panels at a time and then buffed off.

It loaded on the pad really easily and it spreads a long way! I cannot believe how little I used on the whole car, I've bearly made a dent in the 30ml pot. It smells great, kind of like Amoxicilin (the childrens yellow antibiotic medicine) and I could compare it to spreading like CG 50/50.

Now, having used Angelwax waxes a few times, they can be a little tricky to remove if you leave it too long. This is a massive step in the right direction from AW. The Fifth Element is much easier to use than the likes of Desireable. I left some parts a little longer to see if was more difficult to remove and it was a breeze! Here it is curing on the wing.

20150920_123115_zpslfsjivdl.jpg

And removed after a few minutes.

20150920_123249_zps87ks2pzb.jpg

20150920_123246_zps6ya5lfqm.jpg

It really added to the gloss levels, as ypou would expect a show wax to. So I made my way around the car.

20150920_124437_zps5unrqf35.jpg

20150920_124445_zpsqcu0chj7.jpg

20150920_124453_zpscgtnbjzv.jpg

20150920_124509_zpsrnn0hj7y.jpg

I'm really impressed and if the durability is as stated, it should be a belter. The only sticking point is the initial outlay; £20 for a sample is expensive. Having said that, 30ml will get you at least 5 layers on a car of a focus size. I will keep this thread updated with durability and water behaviour. 

Thanks for reading everyone! and I really like the packaging too, AW are going for the boutique style labels and the general packaging is of high quality. The smell is quite "chemically" and the consistency is like water.

A pull of the trigger delivers a very fine mist which is great! A few spritz's per panel and then wipe away. It spreads really well and a quick flip of the cloth to give a final wipe down and it leaves you with a lovely streak free finish. Any dried water spots are easily dealt with, which is where it excels for me. So it must have decent cleaning ability. 

Something that I always wonder with a QD is how it compares to the Game Changer; BSD. I did a 50/50 on the bonnet of my Superb with the rest of my car done with QED. And then I did a 50/50 over the whole of my Focus for a fairer comparison. Here are a few pics.

20150912_110944_zps5ixwhiv7.jpg

BSD side, whoch was dispensed from my old Gtechniq C2v3 bottle

20150912_110952_zpsmpzmnj4q.jpg

And the QED side.

20150912_110956_zpss31fswql.jpg

And on the Superb

20150912_102552_zpsyuqlziny.jpg

20150912_102545_zps9lqpozjo.jpg

So, how do they compare? Well, BSD smells nicer. But due to its watery consistency, QED spreads better and is easier to use. After use, the surface of the BSD treated side is very noticeably more grabby. Whereas the QED side is very slick. 

All I can do now is wait for the rain!!!

After using Bilt Hamber Autofoam for the past few years I thought that while I was putting in an order with Angelwax I'd try their Snow foam. So I loaded up the lance by popping about 2cm in it, then topping with warm water. This easily foamed 2 cars. The cars were really duaty due to the farm traffic over here.

20150912_103039_zpsjp0cq3em.jpg

So I gave the car a rinse with the pressure washer,

20150912_103344_zpsirkon6yl.jpg

And you can see the absence of beading due to the dirt on the surface.

20150912_103608_zpseyon40hz.jpg 

20150912_103600_zpsaqjlc82s.jpg

So I applied the foam and left to dwell while I sorted the wheels. The foam is much thicker than BH Autofoam but that means little to me, as Autofoam has great cleaning ability. So after the wheels were clean I rinsed with the pressure washer. 

20150912_104612_zps3kl9oj5m.jpg

20150912_104622_zpsveazgoa6.jpg

20150912_104637_zpsiydbbzgs.jpg

As you can see, cleaned the grime off pretty well and beading was partly restored. I'll see how it copes in the winter grime, but the initial testing is promising. It cost me £18 for 5l so very good value and didn't affect the lsp whatsoever on the Superb. 

More to come when the cars are really bad during the winter!!

I got around to giving the interior a quick going over with a vacuuming, window clean and leather clean. I've been waiting to get Heaven For Leather for a while so was eager to give it a go. 

So the instructions say spray onto the leather avoiding the stitching and agitate with a soft detailing brush to produce a foam. Leave the foam until it absorbs into the leather and then wipe down with a damp cloth to remove the dirt.

So off I went, it must have taken about 15 minutes to get around the whole of the interior. Rinsing the cloth out, I saw plenty of dirt and the interior is left with a lovely, matt, clean leather finish which has the odour that, for me, leather should have. For £7.99, it represents amazing value and it has left my leather looking great. Certainly the best leather cleaner/conditioner I have personally used! 

Here's some photo's of how the interior was left looking.

20150911_150450_zpsldi87oy0.jpg

20150911_150439_zps2o4pvyof.jpg

20150911_145014_zps6torwztg.jpg

Apologies for the terrible phone photos, but you can see the finish left on the leather. Perfect for me and really quick and simple to use.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info and taking the time to share Neil.

Some great results on the gloss levels on black - thats for sure!!!

Enigma looks pricey - but the results are absolutely stunning mate.

You must be really pleased with the outcome on that detail.

Nice that you liked the Britemax black max as well i see - one of my favourites!

All the best Neil - have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Ste.

Edited by samuir1974
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

The leather looks awesome mate! Exactly how it should! 

Shame the same can't be said for my new Octy at the moment! Slippy, shiny leather is awful! Can't wait to get it looking like yours above! 

absolutely Karl - your car is a decent example and a bit of a bargain all told.

But it will certainly give a good test of your skills and product selection to give it the full "WhiteDetail" treatment!!! 

2 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

absolutely Karl - your car is a decent example and a bit of a bargain all told.

But it will certainly give a good test of your skills and product selection to give it the full "WhiteDetail" treatment!!! 

Can't wait to get started with it mate. Just need the bloody weather for it at the moment haha! 

• Like 1

Thanks chaps. 

For me, some of these products are a bargain. And when you couple in their performance, its a no brained. They all do what they are supposed to really really well. Some products may not smell the nicest like QED and Ti-22 but hey, small price to pay compared with performance.

Karl, Heaven For Leather is a cracker. Certainly one that would serve you well. I'm looking forward to the updates. The Mk3s are beautiful!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hunty278 said:

Thanks chaps. 

For me, some of these products are a bargain. And when you couple in their performance, its a no brained. They all do what they are supposed to really really well. Some products may not smell the nicest like QED and Ti-22 but hey, small price to pay compared with performance.

Karl, Heaven For Leather is a cracker. Certainly one that would serve you well. I'm looking forward to the updates. The Mk3s are beautiful!!

I used to have quite a range of Angelwax gear and used most of it up. Can't fault anything I've used & the prices are fantastic. 

I'm currently using AD Leather Cleanse with good results but will keep AW Heaven for leather in mind when restocking! Cheers Neil! 

• Like 1

Hey everyone. 

It has been a tough start for Enigma. Sub zero temps and the Focus got sprayed by a salt spreader!! So let's see how it faired on its first wash!

After two weeks on the dirty Norfolk roads it was surprisingly not that bad!

IMG_20170217_111618_zpscptvtao6.jpg

IMG_20170217_111627_zpsnxoedvin.jpg

It was rinsed with my Karcher K4 and Bilt Hamber Autofoam was applied. By the time I had put the AW Angelwash in my bucket the foam had fallen off!!

IMG_20170217_112831_zpss2onzata.jpg

So I rinsed it off after washing the wheels to get the car pretty clean considering it had been 2 weeks since the car had been touched.

IMG_20170217_113643_zpsgfzhgutl.jpg

IMG_20170217_113655_zpsfsxqdc2u.jpg

The car was then washed with AW Angelwash and my trusty Adams Wash Pad. The water sheeted of really well! Very impressed considering the environmental conditions.

IMG_20170217_115133_zpsmdswmxvf.jpg

I dried it off with my KKD Silverback and left it like that. No toppers or maintenance. She came up like day one!!

IMG_20170217_115836_zps7qrhcvdg.jpg

IMG_20170217_115843_zpsqjb7kapl.jpg

IMG_20170217_115914_zpsse6u1lvo.jpg

IMG_20170217_115851_zpszbfnsqf4.jpg

IMG_20170217_115858_zpsziyes4dp.jpg

After speaking to Matt from AW, he told me that with the correct maintenance, and if the prep was right, I could expect to see 8 - 12 months out Enigma. On a focus that is left outside with absolutely no maintenance top ups, I think realistically I could expect 4-6 months. Time will certainly tell. One thing is for sure, I can confidently say the car stayed cleaner for longer, because even the wife noticed, and she hates my car cleaning OCD talk. So it must be true!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hunty278 said:

Hey everyone. 

It has been a tough start for Enigma. Sub zero temps and the Focus got sprayed by a salt spreader!! So let's see how it faired on its first wash!

After two weeks on the dirty Norfolk roads it was surprisingly not that bad!

IMG_20170217_111618_zpscptvtao6.jpg

IMG_20170217_111627_zpsnxoedvin.jpg

It was rinsed with my Karcher K4 and Bilt Hamber Autofoam was applied. By the time I had put the AW Angelwash in my bucket the foam had fallen off!!

IMG_20170217_112831_zpss2onzata.jpg

So I rinsed it off after washing the wheels to get the car pretty clean considering it had been 2 weeks since the car had been touched.

IMG_20170217_113643_zpsgfzhgutl.jpg

IMG_20170217_113655_zpsfsxqdc2u.jpg

The car was then washed with AW Angelwash and my trusty Adams Wash Pad. The water sheeted of really well! Very impressed considering the environmental conditions.

IMG_20170217_115133_zpsmdswmxvf.jpg

I dried it off with my KKD Silverback and left it like that. No toppers or maintenance. She came up like day one!!

IMG_20170217_115836_zps7qrhcvdg.jpg

IMG_20170217_115843_zpsqjb7kapl.jpg

IMG_20170217_115914_zpsse6u1lvo.jpg

IMG_20170217_115851_zpszbfnsqf4.jpg

IMG_20170217_115858_zpsziyes4dp.jpg

After speaking to Matt from AW, he told me that with the correct maintenance, and if the prep was right, I could expect to see 8 - 12 months out Enigma. On a focus that is left outside with absolutely no maintenance top ups, I think realistically I could expect 4-6 months. Time will certainly tell. One thing is for sure, I can confidently say the car stayed cleaner for longer, because even the wife noticed, and she hates my car cleaning OCD talk. So it must be true!!

Nice one Neil - sounds about right.

Sounds like AW Enigma is a great product.

Thanks for sharing all relevant info with the forum.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

A quick update on Enigma; it didn't last too well on the Focus so I popped it on the Superb. It has been on there 8 weeks and has only been washed twice in that time frame. So how did it bare up?

On the flat panels (roof, bonnet etc) the beading is greatly reduced, but still there. I think this is because of two reasons; there has been dirt sitting on top of the car for 6 weeks which will have bonded to the car, no doubt. The second is the car has been out in the baking sun with all that dirt on top. Black cars get stupidly hot, which will have dried out the wax which will have reduced the beading.

But the beading is still there and the wax is still doing its thing. On the side panels the beading is still great! And on the windows I applied it to the water behaviour is still amazing!

So 8 weeks in, all is good, but the baking sun on the black vertical panels are proving a stern test. But it's lasting better than all my other waxes have. A few photos of her at work today!

IMG_20170621_170057_zpsq8smgigw.jpg

IMG_20170621_170046_zpsozcoi8iz.jpg

IMG_20170621_170034_zpsndyehdnk.jpg

IMG_20170621_170018_zpsf9vr21aj.jpg

Hope you guys find the update useful.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, samuir1974 said:

Thanks for the update Neil.

Seems slightly disappointing performance from a high end product like that.

Just my opinion of course - what's your thoughts?

Yes and no Ste. The car does stay cleaner for longer and the water behaviour is Crazy! Plus the looks are great and on the horizontal panels the wax is still A1

But black is always a pain. The sun destroys wax in the summer and salt in the winter. And this wax isn't as bulletproof as one would think, so it is slightly disappointing from that point of view. A side-by-side with Fireballs Si02 wax would be a decent comparison.

The price will always go against it though. £180 is a lot of money indeed!