New citigo owner! Alloy wheel care

Genty1961

Lovely car, I hear the White Monte Carlo's are the best ones to have, but I don't want to come across as biased ;)

Wheel wise, as mentioned above a decent wax will do the trick, Auto Finesse Mint Rims, Swissvax Autobahn and Anglewax Bilberry are some of the ones I use a lot but on my Citigo I've used CarPro CQUK Ceramic sealant as I had some left over from another job and it needs to be used within a couple of weeks of opening it. You can get that in a 10ml bottle now which probably works out cheaper and it's really easy to maintain and lasts a long time. Top it up with CarPro Reload or GTechniq C2V3 liquid crystal (which on its own would be good enough if done monthly).

Hope that helps :D

• Like 1

Great thanks ... Didn't want to buy a generic alloy wheel cleaner as they tend to be brutal in my experience waxing seems to be the best way to go ... Read somewhere that a coat of petroleum jelly is good but thought that would collect the dirt..

Edited by Genty1961
Found items online
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Genty1961 said:

Great thanks ... Didn't want to buy a generic alloy wheel cleaner as they tend to be brutal in my experience waxing seems to be the best way to go ... Read somewhere that a coat of petroleum jelly is good but thought that would collect the dirt..

Once a decent coat of wax/sealant has applied regular wheel soap or heavily diluted cleaner is enough. Auto Finesse Revolution Wheel Soap is a good shout :)

• Like 1

Not getting on to well with the dog in this car .. Had a roomster before bit more space etc.. Back seat heavily protected a lead thing which fits into the seat belt lock and a harness on the hound but somehow he keeps stepping on the seat belt release button and freeing himself so not sure where to go with this now? Wheel wax of some description going to be ordered ASAP !

If the Dog keeps stepping on the belt buckle, try one of these http://incarsafetycentre.co.uk/product/bucklesafe-buckle-guard/ cheaper ones are probably available but these are the ones we supply to the taxi drivers who transport kids to and from schools that have a tendency to remove their belts (I work for the council in school transport).

• Like 1

Thank you very much for that! Will have a look online working on a budget here so will find a cheaper option! Btw are the mud flaps you fitted skoda ones? Don't want to spend to much on this car just want to keep it nice the roomster I had became a bit of a work horse in the end.

• Like 1

I showed the missis your dog and she couldn't believe him luckily she has a yeti so pud goes in a collapsible cage don't think he would like to go in the  back of my 3 door I'm really enjoying the citigo can't get the missis out of it I've bought it to share with the daughter if she passes her test :biggrin:

• Like 1

Jarvis our dog (came from Pickering)is getting used to it now.. We wanted a cheaper car to run initially we looked at a VW up but for same spec as the citigo there was a big price difference for essentially the same car also prefer the styling on the citigo, could have got a 3 door a little cheaper but the dawg would have struggled with that. Liking the car lots!

• Like 1

Pickering a lovely part of the country we often take the caravan down there we adopted the cockerpoo from a friend of a friend he's a pleasure 15 months old if I wasn't so much of a numpty I'd put some pictures up of him :D

• Like 2