Sasha’s Superb SportLine Plus

Awesome B) Congrats Sasha :thumbup:

I looked at a dragon green estate the other day; by far and away my favourite colour.  Have decided to stick with the GTI for a bit longer.

Gaz

25 minutes ago, SkudMissile21 said:

Pity it’s not a 280 but can’t wait to follow the mods! You certainly seem to know what you’re doing and get things done.

great colour though and glad you finally got that dragon green you wanted.

I’m not fussed about performance really, it’ll sit in a car park in work most of the time but I get to look at it from my desk haha 😆 I’ll get a toy for cheap thrills when I can.

23 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Wonder what's on the retrofit list ;)

Lane Assist and heated front screen (will pop a new screen in to support both at the same time)

pACC and TJA can be done then too

VC

PLA 3.0 and trailer assist as it has a tow bar

Rear cam and maybe 360 cameras to come

Virtual Pedal

Rear KESSY handles

Some body work mods perhaps and maybe Supernova’s and a brake upgrade down the line.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Just FYI for this you would maybe need to change door units, otherwise it will be just saying error in PLA unit.

For pACC (most likely) you need also to change front radar and get new FeC codes

For Virtual Pedal and Rear Kessy Handles you may also need to change KESSY unit and normally also Immobilizer, but I was able to do it without changing Immobilizer

I just wrote this down in case, that you will try to do it, I can help you with that in case that you will need :)

I wanted to try to retrofit 360 cameras too, but unfortunately I can't use parts from other cars, which would look "good" :D  (I mean for the placement of the cameras)

1 minute ago, Krosta said:

Just FYI for this you would maybe need to change door units, otherwise it will be just saying error in PLA unit.

For pACC (most likely) you need also to change front radar and get new FeC codes

For Virtual Pedal and Rear Kessy Handles you may also need to change KESSY unit and normally also Immobilizer, but I was able to do it without changing Immobilizer

I just wrote this down in case, that you will try to do it, I can help you with that in case that you will need :)

I wanted to try to retrofit 360 cameras too, but unfortunately I can't use parts from other cars, which would look "good" :D  (I mean for the placement of the cameras)

Thanks for the info, the more complex ones I’ll be doing down the line, just can’t wait to have it in front of me haha

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, boydeee said:

That's great that you finally found one that met your requirements! It looks great and I look forward to seeing your mods in time 😁

Thanks! It’s not quite there but near enough and I always need something to do to keep my occupied haha

5 minutes ago, TimothyT said:

Considering the cost of the things you want to retrofit, how much cheaper is it compared to just buying a fully loaded 280?

A lot cheaper! New with all the stuff I want is £49k. This is £18,750. Windscreen, VC and camera will make about £1000 so the big stuff isn’t that expensive anyway.

...and then there is the engine upgrade (at least chipped to get the 282bhp out of TDI block).... that's a twin turbo kit, plus dropping it even LOWER than it is already....

😁😋🤭

21 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

...and then there is the engine upgrade (at least chipped to get the 282bhp out of TDI block).... that's a twin turbo kit, plus dropping it even LOWER than it is already....

😁😋🤭

Haha it’ll be staying fairly standard in that respect. Unlike the Octy they look fine at this height so just mild exterior mods this time lol

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Haha it’ll be staying fairly standard in that respect. Unlike the Octy they look fine at this height so just mild exterior mods this time lol

Famous last words 😁 wasn't your Octavia supposed to remain fairly standard too? 😂

Speaking of the Octavia - are you trading it or selling it on? Thoroughly enjoyed your protect thread, so even though I don't have (or currently lust after) a Superb, I'll be following with interest. 

33 minutes ago, JBD1974 said:

I'm suitably jealous - my primer grey one looks even more drab now.

I'll follow the mods with interest...

The Meteor is a lovely colour, it and the Dragon Green stand out, but I love the loudness of DG.

1 minute ago, Combi_Bob said:

Famous last words 😁 wasn't your Octavia supposed to remain fairly standard too? 😂

Speaking of the Octavia - are you trading it or selling it on? Thoroughly enjoyed your protect thread, so even though I don't have (or currently lust after) a Superb, I'll be following with interest. 

Yeah it was haha but this has more kit anyway and maybe my mindset is skewed as it will be having a new windscreen fitted at some point lol 😂 

1 hour ago, 32KOFDATA said:

Modding adventures never end. Congrats on the new car!

Haha that’s true, thanks :)

58 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Posted in the Octavia thread but congrats, especially on the colour which is fantastic! Let the retrofits begin...! :)

Thanks, yeah the colour is the bomb and it’s the only colour to have them in. I was willing to forgive some things to have this colour.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2021 at 19:35, SashaGrace said:

I’m not fussed about performance really, it’ll sit in a car park in work most of the time but I get to look at it from my desk haha 😆 I’ll get a toy for cheap thrills when I can.

Lane Assist and heated front screen (will pop a new screen in to support both at the same time)

pACC and TJA can be done then too

VC

Rear cam and maybe 360 cameras to come

Virtual Pedal

Rear KESSY handles

Some body work mods perhaps and maybe Supernova’s and a brake upgrade down the line.

Just noticed the rear KESSY door handles on my FL hatch and they are as useful as the electric tailgate and something which Skoda should have fitted to my wife's SEL Karoq. Love the virtual dash and the DSG also plus the Canton and I realised that toys are more desirable than performance at the end of the day. Good price for estate has it done a few miles ?

Guessing it has the electric boot from that interior photo?

Suppose that’ll be getting the old vcp mod if so :biggrin:

that was the one thing I was a little surprised and disappointed to discover mine didn’t have though the manual boot is just fine for me and I don’t miss the old twin door I had before even though it was quite clever. (Was glad I never suffered the wiring failure too!)

8 minutes ago, SkudMissile21 said:

Guessing it has the electric boot from that interior photo?

Suppose that’ll be getting the old vcp mod if so :biggrin:

that was the one thing I was a little surprised and disappointed to discover mine didn’t have though the manual boot is just fine for me and I don’t miss the old twin door I had before even though it was quite clever. (Was glad I never suffered the wiring failure too!)

All Sportline Plus models got the electric boot and 9.2" Columbus Info screen.