iPhone shows contacts on screen but not on maxdot

longedge

When I tried using my iPhone 6S+ earlier I came across a problem and I wonder if anybody else has had it and knows the fix.

The maxidot display, which I always used to control the phone on in my last Yeti would only show my recent calls list. I deleted the list from my phone thinking it would then be forced to show my contacts but now all I see is something about no data. If however I switch the main screen to Media/Telephone that immediately shows my list of contacts. Any ideas?

p.s. It's the Bolero unit without Smartlink activated.

Edited by longedge

It sucks, buttI'm afraid that's just the way it is.

You only get recent calls in the maxidot and all contacts in your phone on the bolero screen

The No data is because you have no recent calls in the phone history.

Edited by CFB

16 minutes ago, CFB said:

It sucks, buttI'm afraid that's just the way it is.

That's bad news. If there's no way to change it then that's a huge retrograde step from how it was on my last system :o.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure that reply is correct. I've got exactly the same problem on my Dec 2016 Octavia. At the moment all my contacts are on the main screen but only 'calls' are available on the maxi dot. I used to be able to get the contacts on the maxi dot and scroll through them / call from the steering wheel controls. So far I can't find out what I've changed. 

Last post on this I promise! Apologies CFB you are right. I just found this in the manual

'In the MAXI DOT display, only the call list can be displayed and used.

If the call list includes no entries, the following message appears in the MAXI DOT display No entries available.' 

I must have dreamed using the contact list from the maxi dot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quickasaquickthing said:

I must have dreamed using the contact list from the maxi dot. 

:) I know I didn't dream seeing the contacts list on my last Yeti maxidot display but that was an Amundsen and not the Bolero that I have now.

• 2 years later...

Hmm I did a search and came across this. I’ve just got an Octavia vRS 2016 with an Amundsen sat nav. My Maxi Dot only shows previous calls for the phone. My old Yeti with the Columbus allowed me to choose between different options 😥

My iPhone 7 has the same problem, but an iPhone 6 works fine for recent calls on the maxidot. The iPhone 7 did work until a fairly recent iOS upgrade.