Phone numbers

nugbuv

When I sync my contacts on my Nokia non-smart phone with the Amudsen infotainment centre on my new Yeti Outdoors, I can see a list of numbers, but not the names that belong to those numbers. 

Have tried re-importing a couple of times without success.

Ia there a menu setting I have missed? 

On 09/02/2017 at 17:39, Urrell said:

I suspect the "Non Smart-phone" gives a clue

I'm thinking so too, now. Discovered Yeti uses Bluetooth 4. Nokia on Bluetooth 3.

Looks like I'll have to take the plunge and get a 'smart' phone.

2 hours ago, nugbuv said:

Discovered Yeti uses Bluetooth 4. Nokia on Bluetooth 3.

?? Bluetooth 4 devices should be backward compatible with earlier bluetooth versions....

Jim

6 hours ago, nugbuv said:

I'm thinking so too, now. Discovered Yeti uses Bluetooth 4. Nokia on Bluetooth 3.

Exactly what Nokia do you have?

Pretty sure that's the problem, non smartphone.
The Skoda mobile phone compatibility lists are not working at the present but it's not on the Bluetooth chart either.
Available here: http://www.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/download/devices/en/hf-compatibility.pdf

13 hours ago, Urrell said:

Pretty sure that's the problem, non smartphone.
The Skoda mobile phone compatibility lists are not working at the present but it's not on the Bluetooth chart either.
Available here: http://www.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/download/devices/en/hf-compatibility.pdf

Thanks, the list in the above link was last updated in 2010, which means there's a whole host of phones not listed.

There is a more recent list here 

http://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com

Choosing the Yeti was much easier than picking a connectable 'smart' phone from which I am only wanting to make calls and not play games, surf the tinternet etc!

Selection criteria have changed since my early days. It used to be does the wife like the colour, is it big enough, does it do good fuel mileage and is it reliable. Never could I imagine that I should have to check if the car was compatible with my phone! When did the world pass me by?:wondering:

Fred

• Like 1