Extending PCH Deal at End of Term

Citigopher

New car is on its way for tomorrow, both cars covered until end of month.

Skoda hadn't updated my contract to one month early termination so BCA would be waiting until end of March! 

Hopefully fixed now.

• Like 1

I terminated 1 month early and it was made clear that I had to contact BCA to arrange collection.

Had to push VW Finance to get their accounts dept to manually mark my account as paid up etc. before BCA could arrange a date.

4 hours ago, rarrar said:

I terminated 1 month early and it was made clear that I had to contact BCA to arrange collection.

Had to push VW Finance to get their accounts dept to manually mark my account as paid up etc. before BCA could arrange a date.

I've done that twice now. They tell me its marked as paid but then it turns it out it isn't 😤

Spoke to BCA and they referred me back to Skoda finance again. 

**** up and brewery springs to mind!

• Like 1

On 04/02/2020 at 14:22, rarrar said:

You have to keep the car insured till collection !

But you dont have to pay any lease charges from termination to collection and you still have  use of the vehicle.

I didnt take collection of my new vehicle till day after collection to avoid insurance issues and parking issues.

Insure and tax both, the logic being you chose to accept a new car before the last day of current lease.

If old car reaches end of lease, and BCA have been contacted but they choose not to collect for a while, then you could argue its their problem to insure it now (but I suspect you will just get earlier pick up date)

Received an invoice today from Skoda for the early termination fee that I paid last week 😤

Phoned them and they're telling me that I owe another months payment for February...erm no, that's why I paid early termination.

Eventually sorted out the shambles and also got put through to BCA who have booked inspection and collection for next Wednesday.

What a palaver!

• Sad 1

Ok one last thing. In the instructions from BCA it has this:

You will also need to ensure the following for collection:

The V5 is available and section 9 has been filled in with VWFS details and sent to the DVLA

I don't hold the log book so how does this work?

3 hours ago, MarieK said:

Ok one last thing. In the instructions from BCA it has this:

You will also need to ensure the following for collection:

The V5 is available and section 9 has been filled in with VWFS details and sent to the DVLA

I don't hold the log book so how does this work?

EDIT: BCA have said to ignore this as I've never had the V5

• Like 1