Service - vRS

Mr OCD

So the Wife's 2012 vRS (cave engine) with 28,000 miles is shortly due a service. 

Its mainly full skoda history except the last one which was done by dealer (non Skoda) we bought the car from ... with it being under warranty until sept 2017 should we bite the bullet and get the major service done by local dealer or just use an independent? 

I'm thinking in terms of any faults highlighted should be fixed under warranty before it ends ... but also in the event of engine issues in future the skoda history may support any claim? 

Edited by Mr OCD

Was it a 5 year Manufacturers warranty?

Are you not considering taking out another 12 month Warranty with Skoda in September?

Are the spark plugs changed, brake fluid etc.

Maybe best sticking with Main Dealer Servicing and just paying for what gets done, not some prices they ask for stuff that does not get done.

A VW Dealership can do it cheaper sometimes compared to a Skoda Dealership.

If you are letting the Warranty go then use an Independent or DIY or a mix of both.

No it's not manufacture / skoda dealer warranty ... just a gold star warranty from dealer which has limited cover. 

No idea when plugs / brake fluid / etc was done ... Skoda want £269 for major service and doubt that includes the spark plugs.

Awesome GTi want £219 which does include spark plugs.

i have mine booked with my local Skoda dealer on the 20th for a major £269 service which they have confirmed they will change the plugs included in this price.

i was considering doing the service myself but less hassle considering the reputation of these engines, at least my car will be serviced by the supposedly 'experts'