Front water jet not working, No motor sound?!

Good day all!

On the way to work yesterday I thought the water bottle had run empty so I've just topped it up now but it was already half full. I pull the right lever on the steering wheel and nothing happens no sound from the motor at all, fooked maybe??? They easy to replace?

The motor can effectively seize if ambient temperature drops below freezing and you have insufficient cold weather protection i.e. supermarket screenwash.

The motor cannot turn due to the frozen pump it's part of and the fuse blows, check this first.

If the motor is just worn out they are easy to replace.

The motor/pump unit is accessed from behind the right hand fog lamp and just twists out of a rubber grommet in the bottom of the fluid reservoir, expect a big mess if it's full.

Of course you may want to test the motor with 12v before just substituting it and if it works check backwards to see why power isn't reaching it e.g. corroded wire/connector, faulty switch in stalk.

Edited by MicMac

Something like that, I say that as mine is similar on a 2006 model but definitely not the item pictured.

If you want to pull the pump you'll see the part number embossed on it somewhere.

Expect to pay a fiver from a scrappy, most VAG donors should be good for a replacement so don't stress if you can't find an Octavia. I don't know what a new item costs, >£30?

Does the rear screen wash work ?

There's only one pump.  It rotates in one direction to pump to the front and the opposite direction to pump to the back.  The direction is controlled by relays.  It could be a relay that has gone.

Regards,

D