Eibach Pro-Kit springs

Hi

I have the springs with up to 1020kg max.axle load.(front)

My car got 1050kg,

Can I put this springs on if the weight difference only 30kg?

Thanks

Edited by M11UKR

I'm looking at the Eibach catalog online and I don't see and option for the Mk II (1Z) Octavia with front axle loading of 1020kg

The only 1020kg set I see is for the Mk I (1U)

What's the exact part number on the box?

I'm half way through fitting my Pro Kit set so the knowledge is fresh in my mind right now :)

1 hour ago, hrvrs said:

I'm looking at the Eibach catalog online and I don't see and option for the Mk II (1Z) Octavia with front axle loading of 1020kg

The only 1020kg set I see is for the Mk I (1U)

What's the exact part number on the box?

I'm half way through fitting my Pro Kit set so the knowledge is fresh in my mind right now :)

My appologize I got Vogtland springs -35mm with 1020kg front but I cant find the information how low the car to be on them.

Eibach got my friend to sell but -30mm on stock shocks seems to be not low enough.

I know, better ride, good quality etc but still not low enough.

No worries, it looks pretty clear in the advert that they're only fit for 1.4/1.6 litre TSI vehicles

Eibach have the same 1050kg spring for all models, perhaps Vogtland decided they should make two different kits?

If you fit it, it may or may not be liable to breakage, but it's almost certainly been designed for a lighter engine vehicle so you could be undersprung

Might not be much different as a static load, it's beyond my knowledge what happens when things start bouncing around though...

10 minutes ago, hrvrs said:

No worries, it looks pretty clear in the advert that they're only fit for 1.4/1.6 litre TSI vehicles

Eibach have the same 1050kg spring for all models, perhaps Vogtland decided they should make two different kits?

If you fit it, it may or may not be liable to breakage, but it's almost certainly been designed for a lighter engine vehicle so you could be undersprung

Might not be much different as a static load, it's beyond my knowledge what happens when things start bouncing around though...

The adver clearly shows that springs fit 1.6tdi

16 minutes ago, hrvrs said:

My body weight is 72kg, when i get under the bonnet the car sit only for a few mm down, so logically 30kg difference in engines weight it suppost to be nothing for the springs, Am I right?

If I'm understanding you correctly, are you asking if a car weighing 1050kg can have springs rated at 1020kg on it? If that's correct, then the car's entire weight doesn't have the full weight going through one end unless it's a transformer and does handstand pressups! :) The car's weight is distributed between the two axles, not through one end so you can't measure it like that.

6 hours ago, blackspaven said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, are you asking if a car weighing 1050kg can have springs rated at 1020kg on it? If that's correct, then the car's entire weight doesn't have the full weight going through one end unless it's a transformer and does handstand pressups! :) The car's weight is distributed between the two axles, not through one end so you can't measure it like that.

Everyone say the same think, don't put it on. So I conacted Vogtland distributor and drill the brain there as well, they found a right application for my car but now the price push me to think what is best to buy, Eibach or Vogtland

7 hours ago, blackspaven said:

Everyone say the same think, don't put it on. So I contacted Vogtland distributor and drill their brains as well, they found a right application for my car but now the price push me to think,what is best to buy, Eibach or Vogtland

The advert itself has a list of compatible vehicles, which all derive from the Golf 5 platform with 1.4 or 1.6 TSI engines and all list front axle weight of 1020kg

The Ebay car configurator lists the Diesel 1.6, but I wouldn't normally trust that as (IIRC) it works on engine size only when the seller specs it...

A 1.6l Diesel engine will be significantly heavier than a 1.6l petrol, so even if they're safe to fit, I suspect there's a good reason they make two sets of springs, handling or ride height perhaps

I just finished fitting the Eibachs to mine today, very happy with the results, will post a picture in another thread...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, M11UKR said:

Thank you. Want to see the pictures

Pictures here

I'll probably do a walkthrough install when I get cleaned up a bit...

Edited by hrvrs