Not a Fabia VRS!..but a Fabia 1.4 16v Elegance!

thboffin

Hi All

Not really a super quick VRS rebuild or mod but more of a restoration or not of a Mk1 Fabia to standard form (maybe some VRS wheels?! ;-))

Picked this one up recently just as a runaround while I do some big jobs on my Mk4 R32 Golf!...and actually starting to like the little Skoda!

£300 bought me...

A 3 Owner, 70,000 mile, 2000 x plate Mk1 Fabia 1.4 16v Elegance, Laguna Blue, heated seats and all the extras...with some service history,MOt till October 2017... all original... and included a full tank of petrol!...Runs and drives great..and everything works!

Not bad but has damaged/missing badges, and quite a bit of rust...it appears to have lived on the north coast of Scotland near Aberdeen for some of its life, so affected by the wet climate it seems!

..not to mention the screwed on glovebox front by the previous owner!!

Question is how far do I go?...run as is and scrap when mot runs out??...or spend out doing paint repairs, buying badges and trim etc...as this worth nowhere near as much as a VRS, even though it is a top of the range model..a throwaway car??

let me know your thoughts Chaps!

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 17:23, Lofty said:

That's a real early example, such a shame there are bodywork issues but it's nothing that can't be sorted, obviously at a cost though.

The glovebox is a work of a craftsman lol!

...anybody got a spare beige glovebox door?

2 hours ago, Lofty said:

You don't mess about!!

...unfortunately as its dried I've had the dreaded crinkling paint reaction!!...the wing had been repainted previously, and that paint doesn't like mine!...well the wing will have to go on for the moment, can be repainted on the car at a later date...if I have the car that long!

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 18:58, thboffin said:

...unfortunately as its dried I've had the dreaded crinkling paint reaction!!...the wing had been repainted previously, and that paint doesn't like mine!...well the wing will have to go on for the moment, can be repainted on the car at a later date...if I have the car that long!

After a repaint and frantic 3 hours to remove old and refit new, wing is on unfortunately paint shade from local bodyshop is off by quite a bit :-(

..although it is a bit flat and will need a polish out the shade is too far out..shame...and to top it all I thought i'd have a look at the cill rust...and that has the beginning of a hole too :-((

..I think that's it for the old girl and the restore thread...not spending any more money.., will use her for the next month while I get my other car fixed then she will be up for sale as  spares or restoration on here and elsewhere.

real shame, but got be realistic!

IMG_1730.JPG

found the source of the water in my passenger footwell!...blocked drain pipe under windscreen scuttle panel!...was overflowing down the main loom entry!...now I know where the stagnant smell was coming from..soaked carpet!

IMG_1860.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

On 2/15/2017 at 17:23, Lofty said:

That's a real early example, such a shame there are bodywork issues but it's nothing that can't be sorted, obviously at a cost though.

The glovebox is a work of a craftsman lol!

At least someone lined up the screw slots.