Anyone With a TransK9 Dog Cage

I'm looking at purchasing a TransK9 dog cage for my estate. Looking at the website it mentions that you need to have the raised floor fitted, which I don't. I'm guessing the box needs to be at the level of the boot sill in order for the door to be opened.

I'd be interested to hear how others with a TransK9 have managed.........is it just a case of raising the dog cage with foam blocks or similar. 

Regards

Nick  

B23-Skoda-Octavia-Estate-2014-512x375-768x600.jpg

Nick, 

I have the TransK9 B17  (double) for my vRS estate, Mark 3, and it fits great. I don't have the variable boot floor but have just raised the kennel up with wooden plinths. Its very stable, no problems at all. It does require it to be raised so the door can actually open.

Matt

I have a MMG cage which was custom made for my MK2 VRS which didn't have the variable floor, fitted perfectly, unfortunately is too wide for my MK3 VRS. Have a Boot Buddy liner as well (also too wide). Great cage (finished in black powder coating). Worth having a look at MMG.

10 hours ago, k9matt said:

Nick, 

I have the TransK9 B17  (double) for my vRS estate, Mark 3, and it fits great. I don't have the variable boot floor but have just raised the kennel up with wooden plinths. Its very stable, no problems at all. It does require it to be raised so the door can actually open.

Matt

Cheers Matt,

That's a great help and as I suspected I will have to bring the kennel up to the height of the sill so I can open the door. TransK9 comes in more expensive than the likes of Barjo but you're obviously getting a quality product that will outlast the car. 

Nick

Yep aside from the fitting of the kennel to the octavia the kennel itself is very well built and clearly durable. It fills me with a bit of confidence if I was ever rear ended by some idiot. Are you looking at getting the single or double? What dogs have you got?

Matt

I'm looking to get the single which should be adequate for our two dogs, both scruffy terriers ones spaniel (ish) sized the other a cross between a Boarder Collie and Jack Russell.  I did toy with the idea of the double but that would probably be overkill and I don't want to fill the boot with dog kennel.

Nick

I've just brought a VRS with the low floor and about to purchase a Transk9 full cage as we have had in 4 other cars. I've brought another new boot floor from an eBay seller £18.99 and will make a frame underneath that, and on top of the original. I've also got some van carpet liner in a similar colour to cover any visible sides so should look oem other than being a pain to get to the spare.

3 minutes ago, Adcooper said:

I've just brought a VRS with the low floor and about to purchase a Transk9 full cage as we have had in 4 other cars. I've brought another new boot floor from an eBay seller £18.99 and will make a frame underneath that, and on top of the original. I've also got some van carpet liner in a similar colour to cover any visible sides so should look oem other than being a pain to get to the spare.

Thanks, note to self.....must take a look on Ebay! 

1 minute ago, Adcooper said:

I did call the dealer I brought the car off last week and they wanted £70, so just waiting for the eBay one to turn up to see if I've made the right decision 

£70 wouldn't be so painful, must admit I expected it to be more!

42 minutes ago, nick348 said:

True but don't forget you still have to build a base, I did ask them for advice on any other solutions but they had no ideas at all.

2 hours ago, nick348 said:

Covers just come I'm happy as will use this as the base and won't be seen but it's a lighter colour unfortunately 

I have a trans k9 double cage in the boot of my vrs, this replaced a single one from trans k9 that we had originally which imo saved my dogs from injury when we had a serious rtc in the first mk3 vrs we had.

I've just purchased another mk3 vrs estate and the clincher was the dealer agreed to swap the variable boot floor which I understand to be some hours work to undertake.

I had come to the conclusion that if the floor swap couldn't be included in the deal that it would be fairly straightforward to make something to raise the cage to the height needed for the door opening but would prefer a more OE look if I could achieve it.