Changing throttle responsiveness with coding

Davo86

So I think I've worked out my new obdeleven now and I'm keen to try changing the throttle responsiveness as per instructions below.

Problem is my my17 code seems to be different. Anyone tried it on there's yet?

Guide says it should have been 01 and change to 02 but mine is 'hex OC' with box 2 and 3 ticked. Other parts of the code are different as well which doesn't fill me with much confidence.

IMG_0054.JPG

Without knowing what ANY of those Bit’s refer to you are treading on very thin ice making ‘blind’ changes.

FWIW I have done this on a MY17 with no problem.

Someone has reported having issues after the coding (DTC thrown up) but there car had normal CC and not ACC

I hate to say it but this is where you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

Yes with VCDS you have drop down menus with a description of what each Bit does:

Engine_zpse6seoaca.jpg&key=dfaa664cb7f61

That screenshot is from my 190 TDi, but I coded a MY17 280 which had the same Byte 0 coding as yours (0C) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did anybody sort out what the coding HEX 0C means and how and what to change  to increase sensitivity of the throttle pedal for Skoda Superb?

Edited by Deerjohn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deerjohn said:

Did anybody sort out what the coding HEX 0C means and how and what to change  to increase sensitivity of the throttle pedal for Skoda Superb?

I gave up trying to figure this out with OBDEleven.  I got it enabled via VCDS, from a helpful Briskodian.  

I like the simplicity of OBDEleven for adaptations and problem scanning but for pure coding changes the long code helper of VCDS is much more user friendly. 

37 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I gave up trying to figure this out with OBDEleven.  I got it enabled via VCDS, from a helpful Briskodian.  

I like the simplicity of OBDEleven for adaptations and problem scanning but for pure coding changes the long code helper of VCDS is much more user friendly. 

But what exactly did you change for HEX 0C via VCDS? I mean did you replace OC with something? And do you feel any difference for throttle response after this change?

Edited by Deerjohn

27 minutes ago, Deerjohn said:

But what exactly did you change for HEX 0C via VCDS? I mean did you replace OC with something? And do you feel any difference for throttle response after this change?

Not sure.  He used the long code helper and changed it as per Gizmo's screenshots above.  It was much more intuitive with VCDS.  Having no prior VCDS experience I found it pretty hard to identify the relevant bits in OBDEleven.  Too much of a gamble for me. 

Edited by penguin17

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 03:01, T2000 said:

Would this throttle adaption work on an 09 Octavia CR TDI?

Negative!

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Juan_Luis said:

I'm the same bit 0C. Does anyone with vcds know what should be set to have the audi mode? I have obdeleven and superb mkIII made in october 2017.

But VCDS is not OBDEleven and consequently without knowing your current binary code it will be hit and miss.

The coding (and binary) are in the link posted by the OP.

Personally I would try contacting OBDEleven as previous owners have screwed up their coding with OBDEleven 

10 hours ago, Gizmo said:

But VCDS is not OBDEleven and consequently without knowing your current binary code it will be hit and miss.

The coding (and binary) are in the link posted by the OP.

Personally I would try contacting OBDEleven as previous owners have screwed up their coding with OBDEleven 

Hi. My configuration is this. I have seen that other people, having bits 0C have put 02 and have not had problems, but I do not know what to do.

Thanks.

t9egq9.jpg
Edited by Juan_Luis