clutch

huwvrs79

Hmmm... Are you putting your foot to the floor from low down on the revs to make it slip, or is the clutch slipping constantly whilst in sixth gear? 

Have you tested it for slipping in second/third? 

JRJG 

yes when im in 6th and low down revs I floor it and sometimes it slips, but only done it twice, it spins the wheels in 2nd and 3rd if u floor it, its been mapped bout 6 months ago, made 180 bhp and 305lbs, its only done 80k, its never had a clutch thow, 

Sounds as though it is starting to give up then. 

May well be driveable for many miles more yet. You will have to adapt your driving perhaps slightly, avoid low rev foot down scenarios (much better to drop a gear and put your foot down once you've reached 2.5/3k), it is that initial torque that challenges the clutch the most. 

Start putting some pennies aside for a new clutch and dmf. A standard Sachs setup get good reviews. 

I wouldn't bother uprating if you plan on sticking with just the remap, the above clutch kit should be good for another 80-100k miles. 

JRJG 

Mine is just starting to slip too. I'll get shot by the mrs if I bring it up just now, so i'll be keeping a low profile for a few more thousand miles by changing my driving style, as above. 

Mine is doing the same with full car in 6th trying the accelerate up a hill. Dropped it to 4th and pulled like a train.

I do find that 5th is more economical around 60mph if you have the longer ratio g'box.

My clutch has more or less gone but not slipping at all, it's on 118k so can't really complain although after storm Doris it's the last thing I need!! After speaking to the other half I'm thinking of changing the DMF to an SMF not that bothered about an increase in the noise tbh. Only replaced the battery yesterday too!