Alex's Fabia Project

alexmods

Hello all,

Apparently I joined this site in 2011 but I've never had a Skoda so a tad confused... Anyway, I've recently purchased a Fabia kind of by accident. I needed a cheap A to B car and this was the first thing that came up local, got it for all of £300.

Now, this won't be a 'project' as such, it's just a daily runner and I know nothing about them but seeing as I'll have it for a couple of years while I get a house deposit together I may as well improve it. 

So, here it is, complete pensioner spec with a whopping 1.4 litres of pure power...

IMG_0140.PNG

Edited by alexmods

Not done a great deal on this but have made a very small start in regards to tidying it up which is the ultimate aim. Had what appeared to be alternator/battery issues for a few days. I managed to narrow it down to the battery I believe so have bought a 60ah one to replace them 42 that was in it. Seems to be running fine now and have done all the alternator checks and it seems to be working so fingers crossed... 

Edited by alexmods

Fitted the fascia piece I ordered from Skoda while waiting on the adaptor to plug my Sony head unit in and came across this long red wire, anyone know what it might be for? It seems to be coming from the glovebox area but don't want to pull it more in case it is important... 

IMG_0157.JPG

Went over the headlights with some polishing compound, not brilliant but still better. Have got some LED head and side light bulbs on order too. The grille is off as I'm currently spraying it matt black. 

IMG_0162.JPG

Quick pic to show the numberplate LEDs. This week, weather depending, I'm hoping to de-wiper the rear and debadge the car too. In the post I have some new wipers as these ones shudder up and down the windscreen, some headlight and sidelight LEDs and the later version Skoda badge to go on my freshly sprayed grille which I will reattach tomorrow. I need to order one for the rear too. 

In other news, not a single interior light comes on when I turn the headlights on so I'm assuming it's a fuse as surely not every single bulb can be blown... will have a look at that tomorrow. The courtesy light doesn't work either and curiously the headlight switch will come on but goes out again when I turn the headlights on, any ideas on this? And believe me, I've searched and searched! 

IMG_0165.JPG

Fitted the grille i sprayed up, doubt it will stay looking nice and black for long though! Also, checked fuse four and tried another fuse in it and still no interior lights, any ideas? If it's the dimmer switch causing problems can I just fit another one? 

IMG_0166.JPG

A couple of pics after a very, very quick two-bucket wash... lt scrubs up quite well and for £300 I'm pretty pleased with it. Drives nice and smooth though there are various issues that I will need to sort out eventually. It's evident it needs alloys and lowering though I don't know what to do first... probably lowering I think as it's so high. 

My eventual to-do list is something like...

- lower

- alloys

- new seats

- MK4 Golf steering wheel

- pressed plates

Thats pretty much it though there will be various other little bits along the way. 

IMG_0169.JPG

Not that anybody cares (haha) but managed to sort the interior lighting issue, for some bizarre reason the plug had been pulled out of the back of the dimmer/headlight switch. This couldn't have happened by itself so it was purposely done which I find strange. But anyway, everything now lights up. 

Tomorrow, weather depending, I shall be debadging the rear (already removed the side badges above the indicators), removing the rear wiper and painting the drums and calipers.