CITIGO GOODBYE HELLO PCP ACCIDENT?

GreyBear

Hi all -

My PCP ends on my current Citigo in October, but I've paid more that 50% towards my finance so I can send my agreement now if I choose - maybe start another agreement, especially with tax going up on cars purchased April onwards.

My dilemma... A few months ago... I don't know whether it was the land-rover or the bin-men, but they knocked my car just above the wheel-arch. I've been thinking of getting it fixed before I take it back to Skoda, but not sure whether too. The damage is minimal - two small dents, no damage to paintwork. I've has estimates that differ wildly... one for £77, the other for £650! Both to purchase new panels and spray. I think I'd skip the £77 estimate - way too cheap. My worry is that I'll return the vehicle and the panel just won't be exactly the right colour and that may mess up returning the vehicle. My other worry is that even if the car is fixed and all looks above board... when you sign the car back over do you have to sign anything to say the vehicle has been in no accidents? No claims were made. And damage would be fixed. If you get charged for any damage spotted it may not be worth paying to have damage corrected and Skoda will charge you again :(

I could get the damage repaired, and it will likely look fine (paint jobs can sometimes be dodgy). Does anyone know if you have to sign to say no damage when you hand a car back over after your PCP agreement has ended? Or does it just get checked visually and if all okay, that's it?

Kind regards -

GreyBear

Try a local "Chips Away" franchise. Not used them myself but will be doing so on wife's car next week. heard good reports of their service.

Fred

• Like 1

the £77 will likely be a paintless dent repair, if they can do it, its as good as replace repaint, they get behind the panel with tools they use to push the dent out then use panel beating hammers to tap it back flat, very interesting to watch and skilled guys you cant see the dent

get a couple of smart repair / paintless dent removal quotes ad I think you will be surprised, if you can post a photo or two of the damage people can help,

the other thing, go have a chat with a dealer to get an idea partex value (cap or glasses valuations you can get online for less than £5) and then get a settlement figure from skoda finance to see if your car has any value for partex or hand the car back (which leaves you with no deposit for the next one )

I am in the same position as Greybeard and giving my car back but leaving the Skoda family. I have what looks like a stone which has gone over the bonnet and leaving 3 scratches ( bouncing bomb effect ) and a scratch on the driver's side wheel arch. All scratches show a yellow paint underneath. When the car goes in for a service in June I will ask if I will be charged for the scratches.

somewhere on here there ae a couple of threads about VT and he ops asking skoda finance about condition of the vehicle, and I am fairly sure they were told normal wear and tear is acceptable, odd car park dent or minor scratch etc, but not large dents / panel damage, the car has to be acceptable for resale as most go to auction I believe

easiest way, give skoda finance a call and just ask, explain you are looking at all options, they can give you a settlement figure on the phone as well, just make sure you have your agreement number to hand when you ring, they are very helpful, if you are concerned about credit rating ask if VT will affect it,

they are very relaxed, when I range about a settlement figure for the wifes they actually asked me if I want to VT the car, when I asked for more info they said just ring them and they would arrange collection within a few days etc simple as that, we were lucky in the dealer valued the car with a bit of equity so didn't need to VT

Edited by bluecar1