P0111 and P0101

Hi Guys,

Earlier this week our Rapid got the flashing glow plugs light come on the dash, I was away and with no impact on performance, so I told the other half to keep driving it until I could have a look.

After a few days the exhaust emissions light came on, but still no impact to performance at all.

I plugged in the diag tool and could see just P0101. I decided to clear and see how soon, and if, the error would come back as it could be an error. I also checked all the brake lights etc..

Eventually the glow plug came on, so I did a scan again and this time there was P0111 showing, with P0101. The emission/exhaust light is not on yet.

With no impact to performance, does anyone have any ideas of what it may be? Would it be worth while replacing the MAF and temp sensor? What are the normal values for each, if I can see them on the diag tool.

I have checked the wiring to the MAF and it looks good and clean, the reading from the diag tool is about 106c when engine is running and not cold.

I have seen people say there could be a software update needed for the MAF.

We have a 2013 1.6tdi Rapid.

Any help appreciated :)

Thanks

There is a relevant TPI about this issue.

To verify, check the Inlet Air Temperature for unrealistic readings (should be near ambient temperature) and whether the Ambient air pressure matches the Charge air pressure.

The reason for the errors is either a wiring malfunction of intake air pressure/temperature sensors (G31/G42) or a malfunction of the actual sensors. Check the sensor contacts for oxidation, if oxidation is present replace sensors, otherwise replace wiring.

Just an update...

I went and bought a new IAT and swapped this out this afternoon. Old one looked a bit worse for wear and now she's reporting a nice healthy temperature and no errors!! I also took off the Mass Air Flow filter and it looked v clean inside so left it alone.

Will take it out for a good spin later and see if the errors come back.

• Like 1