2008 Fabia estate 1.4 tdi load luggage cover

blueboy67

I wonder if anyone can help at all.

I am looking for the Part number for the retractable luggage cover to fit a 2008 Fabia Estate 1.4 tdi. It seems to be a common problem that with age they will not stay closed. Have seen sellers on ebay offering Fabia Hatchback parcel repair kits as pictured. Only £10 but not sure if this is what I need. This seems to be a cheaper fix than getting a whole new replacement cover.

If anyone has had this problem or can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated

s-l1600.jpg

Not sure about the ultimate solution but those are for the hatch which has an entirely different  load cover arrangement. Id say look at where the mechanism to hold the load cover in place and see whats broken and worn. 

• Like 1

I've got a 2010 Fabia II 1.4 estate, and couldn't understand why the cover wouldn't stay in place when I closed the rear door.  I eventually realised that the trim on the inside of the rear door was sticking out slightly more than it should, due to a snapped fixing stud, so was touching the luggage shelf when the rear door was closed, pushing it down slightly and triggering the retracting mechanism.

I confess that rather than take off that part of the door card/trim and replacing the stud, I just did a pretty amateur fix by using several strong sticky pads to keep it in place - not ideal - or a permanent solution, but it seems to have worked so far.

• Like 2

Thanks for your thoughts chaps. Mine was never going to be as simple as yours spember :sadsmile: mine has rolled back before I even lay a hand on the door.

Like Tyredcyclist mentioned mine seems to be a worn mechanism, will have to have a look when I get the chance.

Must admit I don't fancy buying a whole new cover.

The search goes on.

• 2 years later...