DSG in sport and 6th Gear

Is there any way to force the box to change to 6th when in Sport on the motorway. Using paddles only changes it for a short time then it reverts to 5th. Can obviously take it out of sport on the gear lever. Have I missed something?

David

5 minutes ago, redcat said:

Is there any way to force the box to change to 6th when in Sport on the motorway. Using paddles only changes it for a short time then it reverts to 5th. Can obviously take it out of sport on the gear lever. Have I missed something?

David

Set the cruise control it changes gear at 2500rpm in sport on mine!

Just now, S6JOK said:

Set the cruise control it changes gear at 2500rpm in sport on mine!

6 minutes ago, redcat said:

David

Or select manual mode then use the paddles!

For the gearbox I only use sports mode when I am driving 'enthusiastically', driving on motorway is always in normal.

I have the mode set to Sport all the time, but just the gearbox in normal. Eco doesn't get used!!

Edited by mk4gtiturbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, redcat said:

David

I don't get what you are trying to do. In (gearbox) sport mode at motorway speeds (depending on the incline) it drops to 5th to give you the best 'sport' acceleration. That is what it is meant to do.

If you want to cruise in 6th flick the stick back to put it into 'D' let it change up and then flick it back to 'S' when you want to accelerate again.

I am not advocating it but if you were to go faster it would change up eventually.

• Like 1