60,000 miles up

awfabia

I have surprised myself at the mileage I've covered in 3 years and 7 months. Yeti is still a pleasure to drive, very comfortable, reliable, performance OK for my needs, fuel consumption around 40 mpg, flexible seating a bonus, reasonable insurance premiums.  And we like the raised driving position.  Although quieter than the original Pirellis, the Michelin CrossClimate tyres have yet to be tested in snow and feel good in cold, damp conditions - they have been my only major expense. 

If I had to replace it tomorrow, I would seriously consider a new model Tiguan or Seat Ateca , despite the fact that neither have Varioflex rear seats, which I consider a disadvantage to them. My reason being that technology has moved on and the 'Mark 2' Yeti will probably have new platform and tech upgrade but we'll have to wait until 2018 for that. 

Any comments welcome BUT PLEASE no 'it's not a Yeti' comments, try to be objective about makes etc.

IMG_20170301_192619.jpg

Hi awfabia, had my Yeti 3 years and 2 weeks.

Covered/driven 66000 miles so far.

It's the best car (package) I've ever had, and I'm 74.

Shame that the Yeti as we know it is coming to the end of the line.

It's what they call progress and, is all about profit for the maker, VW.

I've already taken the plunge and ordered an Ateca for pretty much the reasons that Awfabia mentions.  My car is now in the country and expected at the dealers next week.  I'll keep the forum updated on how it compares.