rSAP disconnect issues

Hi,

does anyone is using LG V10 and Samsung S7 Egde together with Columbus via rSAP protocol and have no issues ? Mine is disconnecting way too often and switching to A2DP instead, which is very annoying (mostly due to the Wifi hotspot)

Thank you.

@sharkys

Now I've had my fun with those that prefer childrens' phones, I've no personal experience of this particular app but stumbled across it during some random internet browsing. Worth a £1?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.floodping.BluetoothKeepalive

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

Thank you, however the disconnect is really random....sometime occurred right after connection, sometimes after 10min etc.

I read some threads here about Samsung but not particularly about rSap issues, did I miss some thread?

On 06/03/2017 at 08:10, Q102 said:

Quite a few threads on here about issues with Samsung phones, get an iPhone:tongueout:

Sharkys,

Sorry not to offer any advice, but could you tell me if you have the optional phone box or Premium Lan ?

Thanks

PS, there is quite a lot on the MK2 forum about rSAP issues

Smudgers, thank you, however I'm not sure what exactly you mean. I do have Columbus with external SIM module option and it allows me to connect (credit to chadlington):

LTE (using a sim card in the unit in the glove box)

WIFI - connection to another wireless network e.g. a Vodafone WIFI dongle or similar, or a mobile phone that's been setup to be a personal hotspot.

rSAP - via a bluetooth connection to a mobile phone that is able to access the internet.

The last option is the one I have problem with.

Childrens phone....how dare you:tongueout:

Our company phones just UPGRADED from Samsung to Apple, chap at works 3yr old used to play with his work andriod phone for hours apparently, let him play with iPhone, small child looked at it then gave it back. Case closed:D

And the iPhone bluetooth works great in my Superb......

Thanks Sharkys, yes I think you have the additional box of tricks for the external sim - I have Columbus but not the external sim facility. Now wondering if I should have specified it as my phone reception is now pretty rubbish. Don't think you can retro fit either.

My old HTC ONE M8 used to work fine with rSAP in my MKII, there was a lot of talk on the MKII forum re module numbers of the Bluetooth box - some seemed to be more 'accommodating' than others of different phones, there also seem to be an issue with some providers - mine was on EE

You may have already seen this tread but if not here is a link Link to MKII rSAP thread

@Smudgers I will take a look, thank you.

Btw, I might possibly find the root cause, still some additional testing will be required. I didn't mention (I thought it's irrelevant) I'm using Bluetooth connected smar****ch (LG Urban Watch 2nd edition).

When I tried to gather some logs with HCI debug log option  ...

- > ( @Q102 you can try that on iPhone....no, actually you can't ...and this is why I'm using "Childrens phone" ;-) ...btw, iPhone really does support rSAP ? I guess you are using A2DP / HFP profile only as iPhone is not rSAP capable phone) <-

... I have realized that I see also communication with watch. Which is fine but I was intending to share those logs with Skoda for investigation so I want to have only relevant data in the log, so I disabled Bluetooth in my smar****ch to have pure "Skoda -> phone rSAP related communication) . And....you can guess - so far 2 days seems rSAP stop disconnecting and is stable !

I have no idea if it's possible/compatible to have other Bluetooth device connected (this case 4.1) while other is connected via 3.0 / rSAP. It's apparently possible but seems not to be stable.