rSAP phone connection 63 plate ok - 17 plate not ok

Hello everyone,

Could you just clear up a query I have.

Picked up 17 plate on Saturday, 2.0 TSi L&K estate which has the updated Columbus in.

In my previous 2.0 TDi L&K estate I could connect with either std Bluetooth or rSAP - rSAP giving me considerably stronger phone signal due to the use of the cars own phone kit.

I have seen mention of rSAP in manual for new car but cant seem to get the same connection. I am guessing that my connection is std Bluetooth as signal strength is now indicating weaker than before and also battery charge indicator is now showing which it would only do when connected by std bluetooth in old car.

Any ideas - I have not changed my phone.

Thanks

I'm still finalising my requirements and, in the process, still trying to get my head around current Skoda / V.A.G. telephony options.

The one bit I think I do understand is that you need the 'premium' (though often referred to as 'business' in some of the documentation) connection to be able to use rSAP (which means you should also have SIM card slot to use as an alternative, should you wish).

Did you pick one of the two premium options & it still doesn't work? Apologies here as I'm probably not helping you much - more like being a parasite as your answer may help me (or confuse me further) in deciding what I need to spec.

No worries at all, I know what you mean about trying to choose telephony options.

I thought what you suggest might be the case, I can't see the point of spending C£300 for rSAP connection and few other bits, plus if you have a iPhone or a non rSAP compliant handset its not going to work anyway.

I have to say when ordering mine in Dec last year I found the knowledge of all dealers I talked with absolutely atrocious when it came to the infotainment system options.

Good luck

• Like 2

I use a LG G3 in my L&K Superb (MY17)

Operates with no problems in rSAP mode (Business mode ticked in phone set up on the Columbus) Signal strength is this mode good, but not as good as my MK2 Superb.

As you say if in HFP the Battery level is displayed on Columbus and MFD, battery life and signal poor compared to rSAP mode connection.

Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...

Good morning

I have a similar problem.

I have a Superb Sportl Lne 3v with Columbus Sat Nav, believe the part number to be. 36v0035020D.

This does not have the Sim slot on the control unit and only connects in Hands Free Mode.

In my past Superb's using RN510 I have always had the Premium connection with rSAP.

I really need to have the rSAP connection for signal strength, my phones will work rSAP.

After researching this I think I need the 3v0035021D or 3v0035044 control units with Sim slot.

Has anyone tried changing the units over? are they plug and play? I suspect they will need coding and I expect to pay for this.

Any help gratefully received; Skoda Uk were a little lacking in information in this as the Sport Line is 'too new' and they recommended I speak to Kenwood.  Did this and Kenwood don't make a replacement unit I spoke with them.

I bought the sales demonstrator and my garage is very good to me but this is taking up a lot of research time so I said I would undertake it.

martin4677,

Its a good question and I too would like to know the answer - I think I've read somewhere on this forum about a retro fit  - but I think the concensus was that its not possible.

This is the best place for info on the marque so lets see what happens.