Yeti on a Ship

Kenny.j

I spoke with Skoda UK earlier today who told me the status of my Yeti is now showing as shipping.  Going from Emden to Tyne, so with a little bit of google searching I figure my car is on the City of Sunderland RoRo cargo ship. :biggrin:

Due to dock tomorrow at teatime.  which means it's still going to be about a fortnight before I get it but it's exciting to know that it's finally headed to the UK. 

• Like 3

O happy times to follow for you both :D

Don't forget the obligatory photos you have to post once you have the keys. ;) 

• Like 2

Mine arrived in UK last week so now waiting delivery to dealer then pdi etc. Hopefully get it by end of March.

SE-L Drive, 1.2 TSi DSG in Onyx Grey with Gobi leather interior and electric drivers seat, rear view camera, variable boot floor and front & rear mud flaps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macdemon said:

WOW nice choices there Expatman.

Don't forget your photos too. ;)

Oh, forgot to mention it is special build with 16" helix alloy wheels - possibly the last special build?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Expatman said:

Mine arrived in UK last week so now waiting delivery to dealer then pdi etc. Hopefully get it by end of March.

SE-L Drive, 1.2 TSi DSG in Onyx Grey with Gobi leather interior and electric drivers seat, rear view camera, variable boot floor and front & rear mud flaps.

Mine is pretty much a standard SEL Drive with a black interior.  1.2 TSI DSG.  Can't wait, really excited. I'll be coming back to my 7th Skoda from a Nissan Leaf electric car. 

How did you arrange the different wheels?

I think I would prefer the Black optional 16" wheels from the S on my order.

My current Greenline has the silver version of these and I prefer the ride to my first Yeti on bigger and wider wheels.

I am also amazed at the tyre life. Apparently still 4mm left on front at 38k! Previous car on low profile wide tyres lasted around 25k only.

1 hour ago, kenfowler3966 said:

How did you arrange the different wheels?

I think I would prefer the Black optional 16" wheels from the S on my order.

My current Greenline has the silver version of these and I prefer the ride to my first Yeti on bigger and wider wheels.

I am also amazed at the tyre life. Apparently still 4mm left on front at 38k! Previous car on low profile wide tyres lasted around 25k only.

I contacted Skoda customer service before I started looking for the new Yeti, they couldn't have been more helpful and asked me to contact them after I had ordered from a Main Dealer. Used Colin of Briskoda to get dealer quotes and after usual negotiations placed the order. Told Skoda UK who the dealer was and they intercepted the order at the factory and amended it to 16" wheels. 

This is the second time I have done this, got 16" wheels on my current Yeti by exactly the same process (2012). Like you I find that 16" wheels with 215 x 60 profile tyres greatly improve the ride and solve the refinement criticism usually aimed at the Yeti by most Motor Magazine road test. I would stress this is just my opinion - don't want to open that debate again!

12 hours ago, Expatman said:

Oh, forgot to mention it is special build with 16" helix alloy wheels - possibly the last special build?

Without much doubt - and the *only* double membership! :)

I have just had a telephone call from the garage to say the the ship containing my new car (Yeti SE L Drive Quartz Gray 1.2 DSG) arrived at Sheerness this morning.  So the final countdown to my second Yeti has begun.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Expatman said:

Oh, forgot to mention it is special build with 16" helix alloy wheels

I have them and still think they look great.

2 hours ago, mthestrong said:

I have just had a telephone call from the garage to say the the ship containing my new car (Yeti SE L Drive Quartz Gray 1.2 DSG) arrived at Sheerness this morning.  So the final countdown to my second Yeti has begun.

How long to get to dealers, 2 weeks?

Mine have been quite a short time once it's landed, a week at most from Grimsby to Hertfordshire,

the dealer gets the details once the Customs have lodge it into the UK

3 hours ago, tigermad said:

How long to get to dealers, 2 weeks?

I have been told that it should be less than 2 weeks.  There are 3 factors that affect the timing, first there are 5000 cars to move off the ship.  Second each car has to be scanned and third the availability of the car transporters.  The car has to get from Sheerness to Epsom and then has to have the final preparation for handover to be carried out.

I assume that it must be a well tried system to move 5000 cars off the ship because, as I understand it, the ship has a fairly quick turn round.  Assuming that it takes 2 weeks then it will have been just over 3 weeks from being built to delivery to the garage.  Quite impressive.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Expatman said:

I contacted Skoda customer service before I started looking for the new Yeti, they couldn't have been more helpful and asked me to contact them after I had ordered from a Main Dealer. Used Colin of Briskoda to get dealer quotes and after usual negotiations placed the order. Told Skoda UK who the dealer was and they intercepted the order at the factory and amended it to 16" wheels. 

This is the second time I have done this, got 16" wheels on my current Yeti by exactly the same process (2012). Like you I find that 16" wheels with 215 x 60 profile tyres greatly improve the ride and solve the refinement criticism usually aimed at the Yeti by most Motor Magazine road test. I would stress this is just my opinion - don't want to open that debate again!

Did this affect the cost at all? Did you get a choice of low rolling resistance tyres as per my current Greenline?

Just now, kenfowler3966 said:

Did this affect the cost at all? Did you get a choice of low rolling resistance tyres as per my current Greenline?

No effect on price, price of car was negotiated with dealer and they were not aware of my involvement with Skoda UK. Technically I suppose there maybe a saving for Skoda somewhere because there is a premium to upgrade from 16" wheels to 17" wheels, my sole aim was to get the 16" wheels as standard factory fit. Tyres are 215x60 R16's - same wheel and tyres as on S model and tyres will either be Continental's or Goodyear's depending on stock availability. Skoda UK are unable to specify exact tyres as it depends on supply to the factory. 

1 minute ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Wasn't the dealer a bit concerned when the car turned up on S spec wheels?

Skoda UK told the dealer exactly what was going on as soon as they intercepted and changed the dealers factory order. Everyone at the dealers is fully aware of the exact spec arriving.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2017 at 10:37, RichardatWakefield said:

Kenny.j

Trying to PM you some questions re your EV experience and why you're returning to ICE.

Some sort of error message, code 502???????

Richard

Hi Richard, 

I got your message and sent you a rather long winded reply.  Did you get it.  I hope I didn't bore you with it?

Ordered 2lt DSG Yeti L&K in mid Jan with heated seats, electric drivers seat, heated washer jets, spare wheel and towbar, have not been able to get any updates from dealer, if you do not mind me asking how long does deliver normally take from time of order and at what point can no changes be made.

Thanks

John

ps, Monte has gone so having to drive wife's Outlander PHEV while I wait so getting desperate :-)

Edited by HighlandYeti

@ Above  ^^^^^^^^

If it's the same as other Skoda Models, ie Octavia.

When an order is accepted by the Factory the car goes into what they call Status 10, Order excepted but no build week. Changes to the order can be made in Status 10. Once a build week has been given the car then goes to Status 20. No alterations to the order.

Your Dealer can tell you at what point your car is at and tell you the build week if one has been appointed it's on the/there system. From the Build week ( Status 20 ) to delivery to the Dealer is around 4 to 5 weeks depending if theres a space on the Train/Boat/Transport to the dealer

Hope that helps

AG

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 2

Last time I placed a factory order it too 3 months.  This time my car was already built and waiting allocation. Has been built 2 days prior to me saying I wanted it. It just under a week to get from Czech to Emden Port, it sat there for a few days and was shipped last Wednesday. It arrived the next Day, Thursday, into Tyne Port.  My dealer contacted me on Saturday to say the status had updated to say it was at the Port in the Uk. So now just waiting on it getting loaded onto a transporter and being taken to my dealer followed by PDI and the. It's mine. :biggrin:

So Im surmising that from build finishing to dealer and onto the owner has a timescale of about 4 weeks so I'm hopeful of a week to a week and a half and I'll have mine..

• Like 2