2013 Rapid XENON Help please

Hi all, Can anyone please help me understand what type of HID's i can put in my 2013 1.6 tdi rapid please? And also will i need to make any changes using a VagCom prior to putting them in. Thanks

9 minutes ago, Obsolete01 said:

Yep - Nothing mentioned about the Rapid's

Search the Rapid section for "headlight" . There's been loads of chat about bulbs here since 2012 because the factory ones are so bad.

On 14/03/2017 at 12:44, Obsolete01 said:

Any help would be appreciated folks 

Hi Obsolete01

As far as I'm aware none of the Rapid's feature projector type headlights and are not therefore suitable for aftermarket HID's. Fitting aftermarket HID's to the OEM headlights would give a poor beam pattern and could be a hazard to other road users.

HID headlights are available on the continent (and now in the UK on the latest cars) and replacement units can be sourced from Superskoda (here), not cheap though!

I've replaced the dipped beam bulbs in both of my Rapid's (2013 Hatch & current 2014 Spaceback) with Osram nightbreakers. These are a great improvements, but have a limited lifespan (considerably <1 year). Since the last pair blew I'm now using these (Osram Cool Blue Intense). Not quite as bright as the Nightbreakers, but still a noticeable improvement on the OEM bulbs (and hopefully longer lasting:thumbup:).

Osram's datasheet suggest the Cool Blue Intense H7's should have a projected lifespan ~50% greater than the Night Breakers.

Good luck improving your headlights.

Edited by pinkpanther
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/03/2017 at 11:46, pinkpanther said:

Hi Obsolete01

As far as I'm aware none of the Rapid's feature projector type headlights and are not therefore suitable for aftermarket HID's. Fitting aftermarket HID's to the OEM headlights would give a poor beam pattern and could be a hazard to other road users.

HID headlights are available on the continent (and now in the UK on the latest cars) and replacement units can be sourced from Superskoda (here), not cheap though!

I've replaced the dipped beam bulbs in both of my Rapid's (2013 Hatch & current 2014 Spaceback) with Osram nightbreakers. These are a great improvements, but have a limited lifespan (considerably <1 year). Since the last pair blew I'm now using these (Osram Cool Blue Intense). Not quite as bright as the Nightbreakers, but still a noticeable improvement on the OEM bulbs (and hopefully longer lasting:thumbup:).

Osram's datasheet suggest the Cool Blue Intense H7's should have a projected lifespan ~50% greater than the Night Breakers.

Good luck improving your headlights.

I'm running Cool Blue Intense on all 4 front bulbs having just transferred them from my Fiesta. Been used for 7 months so far and still all good.