2.0 TDI CR

Hi all,

I've had my Octavia since July last year, it's just done 51k but for a while now when the engine starts up 99% of the time there can be quite an aggressive shake/judder. It's the same when stop/start is active but only when the car is warm. It runs totally fine when it's cold!

I've had it back to Skoda a few times with the issue who tell me it's normal and no fault codes are showing up.

It has a full Skoda service history and as the car is my work I don't drive it like a madman!

Basically I'm just looking to see if anyone has the same issue and if it's been rectified?

:)

2 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

Has general performance or economy deteriorated as well?

Yeah ive noticed the car isn't as responsive at is used to be, and given it's a DSG usually when I put the foot down slightly it pulls in the current gear, however now it will drop a gear and pull off. 

My MPG showing on the trip computer has gone down quite a bit, although the car is a taxi it's always up and down, but never below high 40's whereas now it's low 40's

14 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

Cannot be a spark plug ;)

so could be an injector?

That was my initial thought, but would this show up any fault codes on the computer at Skoda?

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

It take it you mean you have been at a Skoda Dealership like Sir Arnolds or Henry's. Was it one of these?

You are likely going to have to go somewhere with Technicians not only with all the gear but an idea how to use it and fix cars.

Yeah it's been in at Henry's quite a few times with me moaning about the same issue.

Any recommendations on places to go? Main reason for taking it to Henry's is because it's still under warranty, I don't want to start footing bills until it's out of warranty! 

Sorry i am not local so someone that has used them and stuck with them will be along hopefully.

I read nothing good or hear anything on Henry's North @ Kyle Street, 

so then there is Henry's South if that is not already who you are going to.

You might need to go to Ingrams to get your warranty work done, best avoid Parks.

Such a sad state of affairs in the Central Belt of Scotland where there is such bad Service from Skoda Main Dealerships.

Luckily once you are further North or South there seems to be a better standard or after sales car and Servicing & Maintenance.

Edited by Awayoffski

Yeah I'm based in the south side so it's been Henry's South who have been servicing the car etc it's already had quite a few things done under warranty including a new timing chain pulley/tensioner! 

I don't like to keep going in sounding like a broken record but I'm convinced there's something wrong with the car, and being a taxi I can't take any chances lol

• Like 1

Maybe try them again.  (Someone at Henry's will know about this thread before you are in again.)

& Now there will be the last deliveries of Winter Spec Diesels to the filling stations so you might notice a change in the next week or 2.

all the best.

& if they do not get to the bottom of things please post and i will recommend you a first class mechanic that services Glasgow Taxis all the time.

All the gear and all the ideas and not just SVQ's.

george

• Like 1

I'm currently using a 10 plate manual which has done an extremely hard 280,000 miles and has exactly the same symptoms,  rough judder through car when at idle when warm. I did have an audi a few years ago with the same problems which went away when the clutch and flywheel was changed. However I've been told that it could also be an injection.  Ironically,  if you just about kill this particular car it runs along better and the shudder/judder at idle goes away. 

I phoned Ingram Skoda who said if the car has been checked by another Skoda dealer and no fault found then I'll need to pay an hours labour! I don't see how a simple "computer says no" can determine if an actual part on the car is dodgy...

I'm not the best at explaining things but would it be crazy to assume a hole in the exhaust or something to that extent?

Revving the car sometimes and taking my foot off the gas I can hear a whoosh - like air escaping, and the same when the engine is switched off, the noise is something similar to a blown exhaust. Although it does sound like it's right at the front of the car...