Spare wheels

I didn’t realise Škoda did 17” steel wheels?

For the alloys the Superb uses around ET44 and the Octavia around ET52, but as steel wheels are generally narrower this shouldn’t be an issue.

ET and offset refer to the same thing, they basically determine where the mounting face of the wheel is in regards to the centre of the wheel.

However for a spare wheel they will all be fine, the PCD is the Pitch Circle Diameter... which is the distance between the wheel bolts, 5x112 means 5 bolts which are 112mm apart

The Superb (MKI, MKII & MKIII) all use 5x112 PCD.

What engine do you have? as the 2.0 petrol requires 17” wheels to clear the front brakes, all the rest can use 16”

• Like 1

Sorry I was wrong about the wheel size it is 16". What are the ET44 and ET52 you mentioned and what is the offset PCD 5x112 mentioned in Clarendon 462's post?

The engine is a 2.0 litre diesel 150bhp with 17" wheels. Do you know whether a 2008 Scout estate has a PCD of 112mm and is this measured from the centre of the nuts?

A further option has come up which I am considering which is if I purchased an Zeus alloy 17" wheel and tyre to match those on my new Superb do you know whether it would fit in the well under the boot floor or would it be too big as it is a 17" size.