DAB radio and Move and Fun APP

Remmie1

Just order another citigo SE L to replace my 2014 Elegance model. Have ordered a DAB radio because the one in my previous car could not hold a station for even a short trip from one side of town to the other. (In my yeti I could go to Birmingham before I needed a re-tune!) However when I downloaded the move and fun app in anticipation of collecting my new car next week I noticed on the Skoda website it now says that the system only works with the Swing radio. (It didn't when I was researching to place my order back in January)Anybody know if the system/app works with the Dab radio? Have spoken with dealer and no-one there knows, he's spoken to Skoda and they don't know! (Really!!??) Anyway they are investigating and they will get back to me, in the meantime does anyone have a DAB radio and does the app work? Thanks! (And I can't wait for the parcel shelf that you don't have to pull down by hand! How many times do my kids throw stuff in the boot and leave it up so I can't see to reverse!)

Hi.

I ordered my Monte with DAB. I collected it 2 weeks ago, so I might still be figuring it all out....

It does work with the app but it seems easier to use the knob on the infotainment system to move stations - I don't know whether you can program presets, I think I need to revisit the handbook!

Also, the system has a "small episode" when you connect your smartphone (I have an iPhone 6) at the same time as connect to the USB port, but after throwing up an error message it then settles down. I mean you need to connect via Bluetooth to get the phone & app working, but you also need to connect to USB to charge the phone. I'm not sure whether connectivity via the USB port provides any further functionality / any duplication of the functionality that Bluetooth provides....as I said, probably requires more reading of the handbook now I've had the car for 2 weeks.

The dealer doesn't know much more, I mean, they didn't even know which App I should be using at first!

I suspect it's all too new for them, but you'd think Skoda would provide some training / even an online tutorial for the dealers...?

Edited by Sko_Go

Thank you for that information. I have a Samsung so who knows what the outcome would have been. My dealer says it won't work so they are sorting  a replacement car which I feel is good response on their part. I guess I can listen to DAB via my radio if FM reception is poor, perhaps I should have gone with that idea in the first place!

That's interesting! Everything works easily, Sat Nav, radio, phone? What phone do you have and did it work without any significant IT knowledge or were there things that weren't clear in the instructions?  I would really rather have this car as the next will give me road tax bills which was part of the incentive for changing my car this side of April! Thanks for your help. 

I thought the radio was still the 'Swing' whether you specced DAB or not? It still looks the same etc... but just has the extra DAB functionality..... i.e. there are two versions of the 'Swing' one FM/AM and one DAB. That's how it is with the pre-2017 cars that have a 'Funky' unit.... could be specced as DAB if required but is still called the 'Funky'.

Same as the old 'Columbus' unit in my Superb.... Some have DAB, others like mine, just FM/AM.... They are still all called 'Columbus' units though.

Edited by WaveyDavey