Octavia seats compatibility

Hi, need help. this question maybe been mentioned before, but i cant find the answer i need, so asking peoples who knows done this before. I need to replace my drivers seat  on mk3 octavia cause its one of the most uncomfortable thinks i have seated on :)  found some info that golf mk7 and mk3 audi A3 seats could do with strait swap, but what with some othe cars on the same base like seat leon, vw passat? there should be some more cars i bet with same seats? i need to find ASAP another seat cause my one loosing its foam base shape, and my back pain killing me:dry: any advise please? 

Thanks

There was an old thread here from last year I think where someone swapped the entire interior of their Octavia for seats front and back from an Audi A3, if you can find that thread. Personally I have to say that I had an Octavia for nearly 3.5 years until recently and found the seats very comfortable but that is a personal thing, if the seats are not comfortable for you it would be worth trying to swap the front two seats at least, otherwise you would probably end up having to get rid of the car, good luck!

35 minutes ago, imikk3 said:

Hi

I found the thread for you if still interested :)

Have seen this, well done for him, and hes lucky to find seats like that for £80 :D   but what im actually was asking is there any other cars apart from a3 and golf with same seats ;]

The Ford Focus RS (whatever the 4WD sooper dooper version is) had Recaros fitted as standard and did not have airbags in them, so safety was considered compromised.

If the ford factory could not do it with their resources then that is an aspect you would almost certainly have to take into consideration with the Octavia change.

Agree, re the seats. Oddly if you have the powered seats they are much more comfortable I think solely because you can control tilt/pitch of the seat which you can't on the non-memory seats. Looks that all the logic and buttons are integrated into the seat like on the e46 BMW's, and in theory, like with the e46's would should be able to swap them over but Skoda gave me some long winded story about have to run a new harness through the car, coding etc etc and it couldn't cheap economically done. I didn't believe them as it does appear to be a fancy system linked to the key like BMW's (my E90 the radio stations, mirrors, seats, etc all linked to the key) but rather the seat needs power only and you just pretty 1, 2, or memory to save a setting to them.

1. a big MINUS : Recaros have a fix head rest...

2. Just an idea (before you spend a lot of money for try&error seats and waste time),  ask a car or boat seat upholstry what they can do for your Skoda seat and your back problems. So you´ll have no technical problems with the rails, the air bag, the electric system etc.. The upholsterer can change your seat and back rest longer, stiffer, wider individually . 

Edited by 0ctavist

Well the powered seat I added to my current yeti when built is linked to lots of systems. The seat adjusts itself and the mirrors reset to the settings for each key so that different users can get into the car with it set just for them.

This would make it very difficult to fit the seats into a car not designed to take a powered seat and work correctly.

Don't forget items in cars largely don't work any more with a switch to turn them on and off. Actually most things are powered all the time and operating the switch send a command to a computer which sends a signal to the relevant motor to run.

Hence without the right connections and software backing them up the seat just will not work simply by connecting to the cars power. 

I do agree though that the powered seat makes a huge difference to comfort. In my first Yeti there was only one position which was reasonably comfortable. I read on here how much better the powered seat was as the base angle can be adjusted so specced it as an extra and never regretted the extra cost. There are loads of different heights and positions which are good. Indeed I have one setting on button 1 and another on 2 to get a slight change in position along a long journey. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I have suffered severe back pain (went to chiro to get straightened etc) on the Octy 3 SE L. I am 5"6 9st and I have found that i do not get enough lumbar support, the installed lever adjusts far too low for my size / frame.

I have unclipped the seat covering and have been using different foam pieces to add padding further up the seat. Way cheaper than doing anything else and at least the interior looks the same.

I have now the right foam type, just need to trim it to get it all in place. You done even need to remove the seats to do this, just flatten down the seat back and you can gain access.

On 4/4/2017 at 17:17, lickspeed50 said:

Hello all, I have suffered severe back pain (went to chiro to get straightened etc) on the Octy 3 SE L. I am 5"6 9st and I have found that i do not get enough lumbar support, the installed lever adjusts far too low for my size / frame.

I have unclipped the seat covering and have been using different foam pieces to add padding further up the seat. Way cheaper than doing anything else and at least the interior looks the same.

I have now the right foam type, just need to trim it to get it all in place. You done even need to remove the seats to do this, just flatten down the seat back and you can gain access.

The other thing to try is using a foam wedge on the base of the seat, which will have the same sort of effect as the base adjustment on the electric seat. I also have a cushion on top (similar to this

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/car-seat-covers-cushions/2015-halfords-padded-seat-cushion-back-support ). I find that the change in angle makes a massive difference and needed to do the same on my Yeti (just changed). In fact I need a wedge with more of an angle on the Rapid. Once I have this optimised (get new foam wedge tomorrow) I will optimise the lumbar support either using a small cushion I used in the Yeti or a more expensive thing. You can buy commercial seat wedges but I don't find them very good. You can specify exactly what you want online, with it tapering down to zero thickness, and get it a lot cheaper. If you do get a padded cushion like the Halfords one, then don't use the strap that goes round the seat back as it may interfere with the side airbag in the seat.

If you ended up changing the seat you would have to notify your insurance.

• 5 years later...

Hi All, has anyone had to replace the Flexi shaft  on the forward back motor on the Octavia VRS  electric seats? I have a set of seats but the shafts are missing and Skoda say they can't help ! The only option is to purchase a new base 

Thanks in advance 

Interesting, I have wondered if seats from other VAG models would fit. The A3 8V seats look good and being straight forward swap is tempting. Personally I find my Octavia seats to be comfortable, more than those in the A3 8P we had before the Skoda. I have thought of Vrs seats as the ones I've sat in feel a tad more comfortable but as someone has mentioned, I don't want the Vrs logo.... 

Might keep a lookout for some reasonably priced A3 seats as there are a few being dismantled.