Felicia door problems

Good morning everyone, 

I'm new here and I've recently bought a Felicia 1.9D that had been sat for 5 years, put it it straight through an MOT and it passed with flying colours! 

However since the MOT it's had a problem with a couple of the doors, the drivers front lock just spins on the key and does nothing, however the passenger side works and operates the central locking. The other more annoying issue is the passenger side rear door will now not open. It can't pull the pin up (I've even tried with molegrips), the central locking doesn't move the pin and the handle on the outside and inside do nothing. I can only assume a motor is stuck or a rod has come off when locking/unlocking the car? Can anyone offer any advice before I rip the door card to pieces?

Thanks in advance!

P.S By the way great forum, have been reading up on a cambelt change and it reminds me of the good old days on the Rover forum I used to frequent.

6 hours ago, gazzring said:

the drivers front lock just spins on the key and does nothing

A rod has come off or see this topic. Remove the door cover and you'll know.

6 hours ago, gazzring said:

Can anyone offer any advice before I rip the door card to pieces?

There are more clever methods. Last time I've checked the door cover was mounted with screws.

Edited by RicardoM

The card comes off easily as Ricardo says, just screws on the door handle and some clips around the door panel. I had a similar problem ages ago and simply swapped the passenger door lock to the drivers side until I could get another lock ( never did). Once you start, it's alll straightforward and you can see what's what, which is why these cars are so good to work on.

The good thing with the Felicias is that all the bits inside the door are serviceable, ie; not sealed plastic units.

Give everything a good spray with some light oil and give a good working and then coat with a thicker spray grease. Should keep you going for a good while.

On 3/16/2017 at 23:30, gazzring said:

Thanks guys, didn't think I'd be able to get the door card off with the door shut?

Remove the rear seat/backrest and three screws later you can pull the door trim towards you then up.