Towbar

hello can someone help.

ive had 2 quotes for tow bars both swan neck.

first one 300 fitted never mentioned electrics!!!!!

second one 300 also then after a talk 400 for full dedicated electrics as he said my car has stability control???? Etc etc.so the car will know it's towing a caravan.

im swaying to the 400 one but am I wasting my money????? Any help would be great cheers firthy

In my opinion, no you aren't wasting money. Having the full and proper electrics fitted could save you a lot of money in the future.

Have you had a quote from North West Towbars? They come highly recommended by people in the Yeti section as doing a good job, correctly and at a reasonable price. 

Hi thanks for the replys 

the second towbar fitter is a vag fan through and through and also services caravans,and he comes to me as I'm struggling with time from work.

im defo going the dedicated electrics route 

many thenks firthy

Try the Tamar Towing Centre (TTC) in Plymouth. They've fitted Westfalia towbars to our Yeti, Superb and old Octavia and their price for a fitted bar was well below £500 - plus they're used by Murray Skoda to fit all their 'official' dealer supplied bars so they'll be able to talk wiring and coding with confidence too!

Plus 1 for PF Jones, I have only ever bought for self fit and they have an e bay shop . Great to deal with , very good prices and if you are stuck they always answer the phone to give good helpful  advice!  ( no I dont have shares in them but will always recommend a company  that I have bought from many times and always deliver ) My Witter flange towbar was £74.99 and arrived next day and they do a good selection from different manufacturers and fixed, swan neck and removable. Ps the witter flange bar neck attaches with only 2 bolts so if you just cannot bear to see the ball and tow infrequently it is not much hassle to connect when needed and avoid the expense of a removable hitch. Personally I have  Never trusted removable hitch after a Dutch camper on a site at Loch Lomond  drove past and with a clunk deposited his caravan still attached to the ball in front of me.Luckily it was at 5 mph but he had just towed all the way from Holland and the thought of it happening at speed made me shudder.