Oil Sump Plug for MPI?

Anyone got any idea what size bolt (or part number) you need for the oil drain plug on the 8V MPI? All the ones I've tried so far that claim to fit "all Fabias" don't fit, probably because the 8v is pre-VAG. Not keen to measure my existing one as it's holding the oil in (mostly, it's weeping a little). It's also a different design, the one on there is flat with an Allen key design rather than the simple bolts that I've tried.

The wrong one I got was M14x1.5mm, the one I need seems to be bigger, not sure of pitch. Really I guess I probably just need the washer, but guessing they are integral?

Any help appreciated. The one I need looks a lot like this:

NEW-FEBI-BILSTEIN-OE-QUALITY-OIL-DRAIN-SUMP-PLUG-31704

Edited by wiredsoftware

Seems  like a different engine design, but sump plug on my AMF is a 17 or 19(I can't remember) socket nut. All the gearbox oil places on my engine are 17mm Allen key design. I just walked into my motor factor and asked for a sump plug for my model and it was on a rack. TBH-I was surprised, as almost every nut/bolt etc on mine is a star drive.

Probably a silly question, but have you been to your local dealer or TPS?

I don't remember them being massively expensive and at least they should be able to supply the right one.

As previous- I called into my local motor factor, gave them my reg and they gave me a sump plug. Cost, all of around £2.5 . What I find so amazing is that I've been changing my own oil for around 40 years and even on cars with 6k changes and keep life span of 30-40k, I've never ( unless sump plug was mangled) ever changed one till now.

And Ex AudiSi- you Might like this.  Swimbo ( who's from around Cargo Fleet ,thought it was hilarious).

http://lovemiddlesbrough.com/visitor-info/smogtionary-slang-dictionary

Edited by VWD

23 hours ago, VWD said:

As previous- I called into my local motor factor, gave them my reg and they gave me a sump plug. Cost, all of around £2.5 . What I find so amazing is that I've been changing my own oil for around 40 years and even on cars with 6k changes and keep life span of 30-40k, I've never ( unless sump plug was mangled) ever changed one till now.

And Ex AudiSi- you Might like this.  Swimbo ( who's from around Cargo Fleet ,thought it was hilarious).

http://lovemiddlesbrough.com/visitor-info/smogtionary-slang-dictionary

Thanks for that I've only seen translations like that for Geordie until now :D

I never used to change sump plugs either, until relatively recent VAG group cars (Mk1 A3 onwards) where the sealing washer only comes with the plug.

Edited by ExAudiSi

Wife's niece always has a jke about "what's behind the Blue door". Or what's in the blue Hi Ace van.