Wrong Wheels being used on new L&K models?

I have been hearing horror stories that new L&K edition Superbs are arriving at the dealers with standard Pegasus wheels instead of the Anthracite ones. The anthracite ones are supposed to be standard and the silver ones are a FOC option.

Is it just a coincidence that this is happening recently or are all the L&Ks leaving the factory like this?

I have just emailed my dealer to get them check mine, but my car is sitting at Emden down waiting for a boat

See below for an example

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/426611-2017-lk-superb-arrives-with-wrong-wheels/

Edited by tigermad

Mine arrived in the country in January, delivered March and the wheels were the correct anthracite ones.

I don't normally like non-silver wheels but I think they look pretty good on my car ( Business Grey ).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndrewS7889 said:

Mine arrived in the country in January, delivered March and the wheels were the correct anthracite ones.

I don't normally like non-silver wheels but I think they look pretty good on my car ( Business Grey ).

Phew. It's not all of them then. Maybe just an unlucky few. Fingers crossed for me then. 

Its true what you say, mine was ordered with anthracite but came with silver - only came to light when I was at dealers to collect.

The thing to note is that the brochure (from Nov 16 on wards I think) now does not show the Anthracite wheels even though the configurator did / does.

My dealer agreed  with my point that I had not been told and arranged for the Anthracite wheels to be obtained and retro fitted to my car. I have subsequently decided I like the silver and will stick with them.

Pays to check though my order form clearly showed Anthracite wheels. Should have been picked up during the pre delivery checks I think, not when I the customer picks up the car.

I've got an L&K estate being built this week arriving mid/late april.... got a bit of a panic when i read this but the current pdf version of the brochure on the .co.uk website (Effective November 16) shows anthracite as standard and the dealer specifically mentioned the anthracite wheels being standard when i bought it at the beginning of march.

hopefully it will arrive with anthracite, I much prefer them to the silver versions.

3 hours ago, tigermad said:

My car orders has been checked and its the correct wheels on it so let's see what turns up :-)

how did you check? I've got various pieces of paper from when i bought it but a spec sheet doesn't seem to be in with it.....?

4 minutes ago, ILOVEMYSUPERB said:

how did you check? I've got various pieces of paper from when i bought it but a spec sheet doesn't seem to be in with it.....?

My dealer emailed Skoda UK and got a reply within minutes (can take 72 hours). There is a selectable option the dealer needs to select (PJ6) for standard alloys and if is not selected then you get the anthracite. Fingers crossed my comes with anthracite now but at least I have my email as proof that they are what was ordered. :-)

On 23/03/2017 at 15:23, Smudgers said:

Its true what you say, mine was ordered with anthracite but came with silver - only came to light when I was at dealers to collect.

The thing to note is that the brochure (from Nov 16 on wards I think) now does not show the Anthracite wheels even though the configurator did / does.

My dealer agreed  with my point that I had not been told and arranged for the Anthracite wheels to be obtained and retro fitted to my car. I have subsequently decided I like the silver and will stick with them.

Pays to check though my order form clearly showed Anthracite wheels. Should have been picked up during the pre delivery checks I think, not when I the customer picks up the car.

Are the silver ones still diamond cut or standard painted silver. I know the anthracite ones are diamond cut hence the reason for checking.

12 minutes ago, Smudgers said:

AandOsDad,

Silver are solid, no diamond cutting.

Are you sure. They look like the same wheel to me with different colours. That's all. The blades on them look exactly the same.