Headlight washer Covers

Hi All

I've had a brief look on the forum but can't see a subject to answer my query.

Is there a way to remove the headlight washer jet covers?  One of mine has a chip and needs to be painted, any help would be appreciated

Thank you

If you activate the washers and then turn the ignition off they return to their parked position.

If i were to use the two man method, will this burn out the motor for it trying to return?  any other ideas?

The washers are spring loaded. Use a plastic trim tool to lift cover/washer mechanism from bumper and lift in direction of operation.  The covers are held on with a couple of plastic tabs. 

Link below is for Mk2, but principle will be the same...

http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/octavia-mk2/vehicle_electrics/electrical_system/windscreen_wipe/wash_system/headlamp_cleaning_system/removing_and_installing_the_lift_cylinder_for_spray_nozzles_of_headlights_vehicles_up_to_my_08/

Alternatively, if you look at some previous threads wait until winter when the covers are frozen to bumper and then try to operate the headlight washers - pop off on their own! 

Edited by Black_Sheep