The car that bites

killy

I went to see a Kodiaq today at a local dealers it was a SEL manual in silver, I had a quick look and it was impressive - having sat in the drivers seat I got out and casually shut the drivers door with my left hand on the door panel near to the edge, I was looking away from the car at this moment when I felt my hand lightly brush a protrusion at the door edge, a split second later I felt an excruciating pain in my index finger it turns out the Kodiaq has a very clever bit of plastic that upon opening the door folds out and covers the door edge to protect the paint.

However if you are not aware of it, when you close the door this piece of genius then turns the door into a mini bear trap, transporting any unsuspecting digits into the rapidly closing gap. The result is very painful transforming any two finger typist into a one finger typist instantly.

So all you prospective Kodiaq owners be aware and Be afraid Be very afraid

finger 2.jpg

53 minutes ago, bigboss said:

Oh, that's nasty!! :o

I think you should mention this to Skoda UK as it's a safety issue.

Thanks. Have now done that

Great invention unless you don't know/forget about it. I've heard people complain about soft-close doors as well. Those people found out that some cars have this feature by getting bitten by the door.

Do all Kodiaqs have this feature?

5 minutes ago, romanv said:

IMG_2396.PNG

Thanks for the info.

But this does not make it clear that the protective strip can be left off the instructions are for replacing a broken strip.

I am not sure that the operating piece that goes the whole length of the door would not be damaged if the strip is just removed

Sorry for your sore finger, but re-reading post #1 it seems an odd way to close any door.

But thanks for the heads up - I'll be careful closing my doors.

In work one of our slogans was "stay out of the line of fire".