The dark forces behind Brexit and Trump

Ryeman

18 minutes ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

Well she doesn't read the Mail (she's, to my eternal shame, a Labour voter so the Mirror is her choice of rag).

Her view is first world experience - the local rag's take on it is HERE

Even though you're a mod here may I respectfully suggest you refrain from posting on matters on which you clearly have no knowledge.....it just makes you look foolish?

Yes, there is a Sharia court which members of the Muslim community there can use to settle civil disputes in accordance with their faith. It does not in any way supersede UK law, and has no jurisdiction over those that choose not to deal with it. 

That doesn't mean that Sharia law is in effect, as can be seen by the pubs in the area, butchers selling pork and so on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Yes, there is a Sharia court which members of the Muslim community there can use to settle civil disputes in accordance with their faith. It does not in any way supersede UK law, and has no jurisdiction over those that choose not to deal with it. 

That doesn't mean that Sharia law is in effect, as can be seen by the pubs in the area, butchers selling pork and so on. 

It has no legal standing whatsoever. 

If Practicing Muslims wish to honour any decisions that's a personal choice. 

But let's not get in the way of a nice story. 

• Like 2

The unintended (?) consequences of Bannon and Murdoch's Faux News to enrich themselves at the expense of those who are into the 'one world government' conspiracy.

Re: mainstream media that deliberately omit uncomfortabel truths:

Guess you've seen the photo of a woman wearing hijab that went viral after the Westminster Bridge attack?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/what-was-really-going-on-when-this-photo-was-taken/news-story/c0e04f739dfd1312acd241cc770f4e07

Would it surprise you to hear that mainstream media omitted to report that she was in Stockholm last Friday?

manipulated_zpsdmmxjrep.jpg

Amazing what can be done with photoshop software. But it makes me sick that there are people out there, full of self-righteousness and convinced that they are carriers of "real truth", that exploit killed and injured people.

Another pic from Stockholm yesterday, pinched from mainstream media (Dagens Nyheter):

dn3_zps1nlbiefq.jpg

What I see is compassion and community spirit. What I cannot see is people down on all fours, taking it up the Hershey Highway (as SkodaVRS1963 so beautifully put it).

Edited by swedishskoda
  • Like 3