Monte Carlo Stinks

Hi all, 

Went out to the car yesterday to discover the car smells like death, it was absolutely fine the day before. I'm assuming its the aircon causing this as yesterday was the first warm day we've had since I bought the car and I'm guessing the previous owner either didn't use the aircon. I'll be looking to get some aircon cleaner and new filters (air if needed and pollen because nobody does pollen filters on cars I buy).

Anything else I should be looking at cleaning/changing while I'm at it?

Cheers,

Neil

I'd just get the air con serviced somewhere, clean the system, fresh gas and oil lubricant.

Could try one of them A/C bomb things you put on the floor and set it off with the air on recirculate and leave it for a while. 

Then change the pollen filter after that.

That should cover pretty much everything!

18 minutes ago, hutchysrs50 said:

I'd just get the air con serviced somewhere, clean the system, fresh gas and oil lubricant.

Could try one of them A/C bomb things you put on the floor and set it off with the air on recirculate and leave it for a while. 

Then change the pollen filter after that.

That should cover pretty much everything!

Thanks hutchy, I just went with the a/c bomb thing and a fresh filter. I'm not entirely convinced it'll do any good in the long term but it'll do for now. I'll probably take your suggestion and get the a/c serviced soon.

As a side note... I never realised getting a new rear wiper for the car would be such a ball ache, got the suggested part from Halfords (Bosch A330H) only to discover it was wrong went back after a hunt on here to get the Bosch A332H which was also wrong. Turns out I needed the A282H.

My life is never simple

Edited by AllTheShots

Will do hutchy, cheers for the tip. The smell does get more intense when I use the blower but leave the ac off so I expect the spare wheel well to be dry but it cant hurt to check 

• Like 1

Turns out the smell was caused by a clumsy mate who spilt milky coffee in the back passenger side footwell which then went into the airvent under the passenger seat. I'm now in the process of throwing all manner of cleaning stuffs at it. Hopefully come morning the smell will be gone or most of it anyway. 

• Like 1