Roof Bar Help

Hi all,

I've just purchased a Cruz Airo Roof Bar kit for my octavia vrs hatchback 2014 from roofbox.co.uk. I went to look on the underside of the driver door sills and there are two small screw holes above each door where my roof bar foot pack would hook underneath. Is there something I should be screwing into these first before fitting the roof bar kit, in order to protect the paintwork or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

No nothing needed, if they fit the same as the thule bars, they just sit on top of the roof and the bracket curves round and a small pin sits into the hole to locate it.

i just make sure the roof and door sills are clean before i fit mine.

1 hour ago, furn said:

No nothing needed, if they fit the same as the thule bars, they just sit on top of the roof and the bracket curves round and a small pin sits into the hole to locate it.

i just make sure the roof and door sills are clean before i fit mine.

That's great, thanks alot for the help

Just got the Cruz ones myself.

There is a rubber pad for each one to protect the roof edge. Although it's not clear which of the 2 holes you use? I just chose the one that seemed to fit best.

Make sure you fit the trim strips to the bars, or they whistle like mad above 40mph.

23 minutes ago, glosrich said:

Just got the Cruz ones myself.

There is a rubber pad for each one to protect the roof edge. Although it's not clear which of the 2 holes you use? I just chose the one that seemed to fit best.

Make sure you fit the trim strips to the bars, or they whistle like mad above 40mph.

Thanks mate :) I found a guide for Thule bars on the vrs and it recommends using the two most inner holes. (So on the nearside: Front door will use right hole, and the back door with use the left hole).

Guide on Page 4